Winterizing your home needs to be done before the winter every year. By not doing this, items will break from the cold weather. By doing these tasks now, you should have plenty of time to do all the different tasks and be finished before winter. Let’s get started.
Here are some tasks to help you create your own winterizing your home checklist:
- Seed the lawn – add as much detail as you want, even including the things like where seeds are located.
- Clean the Grill
- Clean the mower
- Put away pillows and cushions.
- Put away lawn chairs
- Cover tables and chairs
- Clean outdoor tools
- Take in plants
- Clean herb and vegetable gardens
- Cut back branches
- Cut back bulbs and bushes
- Throw away the dried flowers or put in compost.
- Hose down the air conditioner vents on the outside of the house.
- Schedule to have your heater checked for the winter.
- Great your driveway sealed (every two years).
- Clear out the garage of any track that accumulated over the summer months.
- Clear out the drains around the house.
Here is the checklist for you to use and share, there is even room for you to add customized tasks:
To create your own customized list, you can add some of these additional duties.
Clean the gutters.
Wash the window.
Review and repair roof.
Clear leaves out of drains.
Check weather stripping around doors and windows and repair.
Take your time and move through the list. Do a handful of tasks each week, and you will be able to finish the entire list. You can do it.
I hope this list helps you create your checklist and remind you what your recurring tasks are each year. Do you have any responsibilities to add to this list? Please leave a comment below, and I will add it to this post.
Please note these are affiliate links through Amazon, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn affiliate fees if you decide to make a purchase.