This year, the monthly organizing challenge is not just organizing a particular space but also to have you improve the process of how the space will impact your quality of life for the better. So, January’s organizing challenge is to decide on 2 areas in your life to simplify that will result in helping you have an improved and easier day-to-day life in 2015.
Here are examples of areas to improve:
- Cooking meals each day.
- The laundry room process.
- Helping the kids get better grades by making a study zone.
- Making cleaning a quick and easy chore.
- Making your workday run more smoothly.
- Bringing all the investments and debt in one place so you can see the big picture.
- Create systems (lists) to help remember what needs to be done in each season.
- Make the morning or evening routine less stressful.
Pick the area you want to improve and then ask yourself these questions.
- How can I improve my tasks in this particular area so they help me simplify my life and reduce unnecessary wasted time?
- Are the tasks in this area necessary to simplify my life or can the tasks be delegated or done away with all together?
- If I improve this area, will this change help me have a better quality of life?
By answering all three questions about a particular area, you will be able to decide the best area to make the greatest impact on simplifying your life.
Making the most chaotic areas in your life more simplified will result in not only a new organized space but also a more simplified and less stressful one. Please share one of the areas you decided to improve on in the comment section. I will do my best to post tips and ideas for those areas.