Did you ever want to donate something but you don’t have the time or energy to find a place to donate? You are not alone! Many people don’t give because they don’t have the time or the energy to find the right place to donate a particular item. To inspire you to get rid of that unused stuff, I wanted to share how to create a Charitable Locations List.
First, Gather all the information you would need? Answer these questions.
- Where have you donated in the past? Are they still around? Donation locations (especially the newer ones) may close down after a few years so make sure they are still around.
- Then has other people where they donate their stuff in the area. You may find that there are places you didn’t even know about. So ask as many people as possible. Then, write down those locations.
- Do the places you listed have a website? Their website gives you a lot of information and will help you save time needlessly going to a place just to find out they no longer take that particular item.
Now, Decide what items you want to donate.
You do not need to bring all the articles to one place. Find a charity close to hear and see what you can give them to help. It could be office supplies for their office, furniture for their waiting room, anything is possible. All you need to do is ask them and see what they are looking for.
Now, it’s time to make your customized list! Here is the layout to start.
- Start with the items you want to donate and may donate often. Write them down on a piece of paper. List as many locations as possible to help you cover all the different areas of the home.
- Second, write down the locations you would donate those particular items.
- Then, find the website and find their actual address, phone number, email. Make a note of this information on your list.
- While on the website, look for their hours, if they pick up or if you have to deliver the items.
- Then when you are ready, purchase some small circle dots in various colors. Assign each dot color to the different locations. And go around your home and place dots on each item you want to donate to the particular charities.
|Items to Donate||Where to Donate||Address||Phone number or email/website||Donation Hours Pickup or Delivery||Color of Dots|
|Enter the general type of items to donate here, like Toys.||Enter the name on where to this item here, like Goodwill.||Enter their address here||Enter their phone number or email/website here||Enter their hours and if they pick up or deliver here||Enter the color that relates to this donation site, use red stickers.|
Feel free to print the image below out to use in your home.
Here are the dots I am talking about above, you can purchase these through Amazon. (Please note these are affiliate links through Amazon and at no additional cost to you, I will earn affiliate fees if you decide to make a purchase.)
Note: Hang the list in your kitchen or garage to remind you to donate. Store the dots in a safe place to use in the future.
By adding a few of your favorite charitable donation sites, it will remind you that places are in need of stuff. Hopefully, it will motivate you to go through the cluttered areas in your home and clean out some items to donate to these worthy charitable places.
What do you donate most in your home? I would love to hear from you. Please share this post to help motivate others to do the same thing.
Looking for locations in the U.S., check out our curated list of charitable places.
Please note these are affiliate links through Amazon and at no additional cost to you, I will earn affiliate fees if you decide to make a purchase.