Is your entryway a mess? When you walk in, do you drop all your stuff right when you walk in the door?
The entrance of your home should be clear of mess and should be organized so you and your family know where everything belongs. It should be as close as possible to the door you enter.
- If you enter from the garage door, your organizational system should be near the garage door.
- If you enter your home from the front door, your organized system should be in the foyer or living room near the front door.
Whichever entryway works for you, be sure to have the following items to maximize your space. Here is a list of what to keep in your organized entrance.
- Pretty containers to keep stuff under control
- Drawers or baskets for storing gloves
- Storage bench to put on shoes
- Hooks or Pegs for coats and jackets
- Place to store misc. items
- Good lighting to see where things go
- Table or cubby system to hold kids school bags and cellphones chargers
- Place to hang your coat and hat
Create whatever system you want as long as it includes almost 100% of this entire list.
I hope this helps you get your entranced more organized. What is your favorite tool in your entryway? Please leave a comment below.