Living rooms are constantly used. They are usually the main gathering space. Spending time with family and friends, we share these places all the time. But, if the area is a mess, we may not want or have the room to use the space. I am here to tell you that this space is easy to organize.
Here are some living room organizing essentials you need to keep this space clutter free.
- Have a place for storing electronics. This is paramount to keep your space organized. A place to store DVD players, Cable boxes, and Gaming consoles, not to mention DVDs, games, and CDs.
- Have drawers in the living room for magazines, remotes, tissues, extra supplies, and a place for magazines. They can be in end tables or coffee tables. Storing bins under an open table work nicely too. It's hidden away, but accessible when needed.
- If you want to store books and knick knacks in your living room, maximize storage by using vertical space. Freestanding bookshelves, built-ins, and wall-mount shelves help store these items.
- Organize your cables in the back of your electronics. Using Velcro strips that will keep together your cables work nicely. Printing out labels that say where each cable is coming from helps when plugging them in and when you have to move an electronic around.
- A few bins or a unit for toys. You don't need to have all your kids toys in this area. Some toys that will keep them preoccupied when they want something to do. Create a corner for younger kids to play. Older kids may like their video or board games stored in the living room for those weekly game nights.
- Display artwork on walls in clusters of 3, 5, or 7 items. By hanging artwork, it naturally makes a house a home. Hang pieces that you love and want to see often on your walls. Group items by theme or by color depending on your artwork. I like to group them by theme's like, love, relationships, kids, family, religion, etc... Remember if you place frames on the wall, you don't have to place frames on furniture which will make it easier for you to keep the furniture clean weekly.
Well, that's it. I hope this helps you get your living room organized. Remember when you organize a space, you will need to keep the space organized so think about how you will be keeping it organized.
Let's continue the conversation, what is your favorite organizing item in your living room? Please leave a comment below.
Please note these are affiliate links through Amazon, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn affiliate fees if you decide to make a purchase.