New Year's Eve is tonight! Do you have plans? Here is a list of things you can do this evening to ring in the new year with your family and friends.
Fabulous things to do on New Year's Eve
Having a party at home?
- Have your company sleep over so no one needs to be a designated driver.
- Have guests bring one dish, appetizer, or dessert to share to save you time and money.
- Have guests bring a game to plan.
- Have a quiet room for young kids to sleep. This way, parents can continue to enjoy themselves.
- Have a designated photographer, create a hashtag and share the photos online all night long.
- Use white and silver ornaments and garland from your Christmas decorations for the center of your table or buffet.
Going out with friends and family?
- Select a designated driver. Get them a surprise gift for being the designated driver.
- Dress appropriately. It could be cold out and you don't want to get sick.
- Take public transportation to get to places if possible. They extend the hours at night and you don't have to worry about parking.
- Wear comfortable shoes if you plan on walking around or dancing.
- Try not to bring handbags and other things. The less you need to carry, the easier it is.
- Find a great restaurant to have dinner with your family. We like to have Fondue each New Year's Eve so we go to The Melting Pot. They book up fast, so schedule early.
- Allocated at least one half or one hour extra for travel to make sure you get to your destination.
I hope these tips help you stay safe and have a great New Year's Eve!
Below are some new years eve party products from Amazon. (affiliate)
I hope you have a happy new year and a wonderful, safe, and prosperous new year.