Taking time in the morning will allow for a more seamless start to your day. Spending quiet time and gradually waking up will realign you to your goals and help you feel more motivated to start. Positive affirmations are great ways to start your day on the right foot. Their optimistic nature of them will move your negative "woe is me" thought to a positive "I can do this" thought. Today, I will share five positive affirmation topics with several Positive Affirmations to help you decide on the correct affirmation for you.
How to use Affirmations to improve your life?
You can use affirmations to help you see a positive change in your life. Pairing affirmations with visualization techniques and writing them down will create the change.
You can also create a positive affirmation image. Add them to notifications in your calendar to have them pop up a few times daily to help you remember them.
Repetitiveness is critical when doing affirmations. The more you repeat and believe it, the more likely you will see change happen. Another way to use affirmations is to say the phrase out loud first thing in the morning while looking at yourself in the mirror.
How to write your affirmations?
You can use the ones I created below, or you can make your own. Here are some tips on how to create your own affirmation.
Think of areas in your life that you may want to change. Ask yourself these questions:
- What do I deeply want to change in my life?
- Would I like to be more productive?
- Would I want to change my reaction to ....?
Pick affirmations that are achievable and valid. Base your affirmations on realistic things that are in your life. You need to be able to believe in them, and if they are out of reach, you won't believe them.
Make sure they are positive. If you have negative self-talk, try changing it to a positive statement.
Your affirmations must have feeling words in them. It should be emotional for you. Include feeling words in your statement. Some examples are proud, capable, worthy, optimistic, deserving, lovable, secure, safe, and happy. Visit these Positive Feeling words for more examples.
Below are examples of affirmations you may want to use to achieve your change.
Goal Affirmation examples:
The first type of affirmation is about goals and completing them.
- Today I will set goals and complete them.
- I am achieving my dreams.
- Everything I do turns into success.
- I am present and will complete the goals today.
- I am optimistic about my goal tasks.
- I will complete the goals today.
- I will complete the next step to achieve my goals.
- I am ready, willing, and able to achieve my goals.
- I can do anything I set my mind to.
- I focus on my goal and see the outcome.
- I am motivated to succeed in my goal.
- Every small step I take makes a big difference.
- I am doing my best to accomplish my goals.
- I have all the tools within me to succeed.
Behavior Change affirmation examples:
This section is all about behavior change affirmations. This collection is to help you be willing to change a behavior that you deem is going against your goals.
- Good things are happening every day in my life.
- I am blessed and abundant.
- I have high positive energy.
- I am a magnet for positivity.
- My intentions for my life are clear.
- I love myself.
- I support myself.
- I choose to talk kindly to myself.
- I accept myself for who I am and create peace, power, and confidence.
- I am going to make myself proud.
- Happiness is a choice; today, I choose to be happy.
- I matter in my life.
- I have what it needs to be successful.
- Be positive, for it will bring me a better day.
- I believe in myself.
Life-long Learner affirmation examples:
The next section of affirmations is for life-long learners or people who want to be life-long learners. This collection is for people who want to learn and grow throughout their lives.
- I will be open to new lessons in my day.
- Today is another day to experience and learn something new.
- I have a sharp mind and pick up new lessons each day.
- I am advancing to new levels by learning more each day.
- I strive to do my best every day.
- Today, I will improve myself in some way.
- I will keep my mind and heart open to new experiences.
- I am always open to learning a more effective way to do something.
- I will choose to move forward every day.
- I allow myself to make mistakes and jump forward into something new.
- I am a problem-solver and change figure things out easily and quickly.
- I am growing and learning every single day.
Change the future affirmation examples:
This section of affirmations is about changing the future. This collection is to empower individuals to see the potential they have now to help them change the future.
- The future I want is manifesting right now.
- I will do something today that will make me proud a year from now.
- My actions are meant to improve my future.
- I have the power to create the life I desire.
- Today is filled with possibilities.
- I take actions that will assist me in the future.
- I am strong enough to overcome challenges to succeed in the future.
- I have strengths that will propel me into the future.
- I am confident about my future.
- I am worthy and prepared for all the abundance.
Empowerment Affirmation examples:
This section is about empowerment affirmations. This collection is for people who want to see and feel how powerful they are.
- I am in charge of how I feel today.
- I can say no to demands.
- I am successful.
- I am honest in my life.
- I'm grateful for myself.
- I am proud of myself and what I have achieved.
- I am going to let go of playing small.
- I am strong enough to handle anything life throws at me.
- I am not behind. I am exactly where I need to be.
- I own my life, and I am free to make my own decisions.
I hope this post gave you some ideas on affirmations and if you want to use them. It was fun and relaxing to make these positive affirmation images.
What is your favorite affirmation to read or hear in the morning? Please share them below.
Need help with change? I have three services that you may be interested in. Visit my Virtual Organizing Service where I describe what it is, what you get from it, and what the sessions are like.
These are so great. Love the variety and the visuals. There is something here for everyone.
These are great! I have always had difficulty with affirmations, not because I'm not positive, but because I find it very difficult to state anything in the present tense in terms of absolutes. I've been practicing lately with phrasing that focuses on ability "I can..." rather than "I am" because that construction feels more believable. (I've always been inclined toward possibilities rather than certainties.) I'm sure many people will find useful affirmations in your collection to improve their lives!
I love all of these positive thoughts. My husband was in a down mood as he left this morning, and I told him, "Maybe something wonderful is going to surprise you today! Stay open to that possibility!"
I watch Joyce Meyer sometimes and each morning she says, "Something good is going to happen to me and through me today." I love this thought for starting out the day. 🙂
These are great, Sabrina. I love the way you grouped the affirmations. It's so important to have good messages to use when we talk to ourselves.
A few years ago there was a great story (I saw it online) about a dad who had his approximately 5 year-old daughter stand in front of the mirror every morning and repeat after him. He would say "I am smart" and she would repeat. He said "I can do anything I set my mind to" and she repeated. On it went for a few minutes. Anyway, it was a powerful message about the things we say to ourselves.
Thank you for giving us great affirmations from which to chose our messages.
Rose Mary Griffith
These are all lovely, Sabrina! I especially like the one..."Do something today that will make you proud a year from now," because it's goal-centered, but not a slam in the face....more a reminder that what we do every day matters!
I ignore social media for the first 1.5-2 hours that I'm awake. That's devoted writing time, which always starts my day off right!
That's a great idea, Rose Mary. I love it. Thanks for commenting.
I wake up every morning and say, "Just for today I will..." and then I fill in the blank. This morning I said, "Just for today I will think it's a day of possibilities"
Stunning images and inspiring thoughts to star the day! Well, it's still dark where I live but I hear the rooster's crowing so the sun should be up soon. I love nature and often use images like this in my own work so I have a special appreciation for what you've shared with us today. Thank you!
Rose M Griffith
I was so busy sharing your positive thoughts on social media that I almost forgot to comment!
You are so right that a negative burst in the a.m. can set an unwanted tone for the day. That's one reason sunny summer mornings are better (for me) than dreary dark winter ones. Lovely post!
I love this one: "Today is another day to experience and learn something new."
I feel I have always the opportunity, a second chance, to forge ahead. Thanks for sharing!
In your list, I like the quote "Do something today that will make you proud a year from now." I don't start my day off with affirmations, but I have framed pictures with quotes above my desk to help with motivation and attitude. "Live the Life You've Always Imagined." "Every life writes a poem." "Writing is dreaming on paper."
I don't think I have a favorite morning quote. I'm kind of like a robot in the morning. I shower, eat breakfast, walk the dog, do whatever I have to do, but honestly, my mind is pretty blank for a little while. Not sure the words would get through the me but all those pictures of bright cheery flowers would help.
Meredith @ The Palette Muse
This is my favorite: "Today is another day to experience and learn something new." Every day brings new possibilities, but you have to be looking for them. This is a great reminder.
It is nice to have a saying to start you day off, but to have it combined with a visual image, makes it have more impact.
Thanks for sharing this.
Love the one that says I am in charge of how I feel today. Who doesn't like to be in charge? LOL Great way, in addition to coffee of course, to start any day!
I don't think we are truly immune to all the jarring images we see. Your lovely ones plus the thoughts are a great way to start a day.
I love the one that says, "I am in charge of how I feel today". It is wonderful to remind ourselves in the morning that we do have a choice in how we react to the world. I agree that this sets up your day so much better than many of the negative images we may normally see by just turning on our computer. This is a great reminder that we have control in how we set up our day.
Thank you for sharing these quotes. They always uplift and encourage me.
Sometimes the thought of just how much we are planning to do in a day is overwhelming. We can become anxious. It is important to step back and look at the bigger picture.