Chia seeds are a wonderful thing. Packed with high protein, Omega 3 fatty acid and fiber, it is a fun alternative to a healthy meal. I won't recommend it often just because it is a little high in calories but definitely worth a try. You can make this coconut chia breakfast pudding recipe with milk but since I can't have milk, I decided to try it with coconut milk instead. It adds a coconut flavor and texture to the pudding and the cranberry and almonds add a nice sweet and nutty flavor as well. The touch of honey is wonderful and can be added the next day if you want.
4 tablespoon Chia seeds
1 cup Coconut milk unsweetened vanilla (I used So Delicious)
4 tablespoon Cranberries (dried)
4 tablespoon Coconut flakes (fine)
4 tablespoon Almond slices
1 tablespoon honey
1. Add all the ingredients above to an 400 ml or larger mason jar.
2. Add the lid and shake the mason jar well. If the chia seeds get stuck to the bottom, use a spoon and scrap them off and then shake again.
3. Place in the refrigerator overnight at least 6 hours. Here's what it looks like the next day.
This is a serving of 2-4 depending on how hungry you are. It can be stored in the refrigerator for a few days so you can split it up for a few breakfast morning meal.
That's pretty much it. I hope you enjoy this easy breakfast meal. Feel free to print out the recipe below.
Dairy Free Coconut Chia Breakfast Pudding
- 4 tablespoon Chia seeds
- 1 cup Coconut milk unsweetened vanilla (I used So Delicious)
- 4 tablespoon Cranberries (dried)
- 4 tablespoon Coconut flakes (fine)
- 4 tablespoon Almond slices
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Add all the ingredients above to an 400 ml or larger mason jar.
- Add the lid and shake the mason jar well. If the chia seeds get stuck to the bottom, use a spoon and scrap them off and then shake again.
- Place in the refrigerator overnight at least 6 hours.
If you want more information about chia seeds and coconut milk, check out these articles:
Chia seeds deliver a nutritional boost, but they're not for everybody by Consumer Reports
The Health Benefits of Coconut Milk by Livestrong.com
After you try it, please come back and leave a comment and rate the recipe above. Have you ever tried overnight Chia seed puddings before?
My kind of recipe, one anyone can make. I will certainly be giving this one a try once I'm over the flu - Ugh!