If there was an emergency and you needed to contact your agent quickly, would you be able to do this quickly? Tracking your important personal account information in a list, all in one place is a great way to have everything you need for quick and easy lookup.
Here is some important information you can use for your spreadsheet. I also included a FREE printable you can use and print out, fill in, and store in a safe (fireproof) place. Print out as many as you need to include all of your information.
How to make an important personal account information sheet
- Name of Account - Make sure the name is complete. Don't abbreviate because if someone else is looking at it, they may not know what it means.
- Account Number - include a complete number, not just the last 4 digits. When you contact the location, it may be hard to get access to the account.
- Person to Contact in case of an emergency - if you have a contact, add it here. Some places may have a representative associated with the account. If it does, be sure to update the information.
- Phone number and/or website - this information is very helpful if you don't have time to call, you have another way to contact them.
- Log in Name and Password or Password (hint) - The username and password is always useful. If you use the same password, consider change them when you make this list. Each account should have its own unique password.
- Notes/Address if needed. - this area is helpful if there is anything else you or someone else need to remember when they contact this company.
Add a reminder to your calendar to update on a yearly basis by reviewing all your accounts again to make sure new or revised account number and information are added to the spreadsheet. The benefit of having this list created is if there is an emergency, you will be able to have all your information in one place. Try it! Check out these other emergency preparedness posts from our blog.
Here are some additional posts I find that might be helpful.