Did you ever document your morning rituals? You know, those tasks you enjoy doing each day that helps you make your day better. If you never did this before, here are some tips to make your morning ritual exactly the way you want it.
What is a morning ritual?
A ritual should improve your life. It should be easy to do, and you should enjoy it. It is not a rushed task though you can realistically decide how long you want it to take.
What are the benefits of having morning rituals?
- Gives you focus
- Helps you ease into your day
- Balances your energy and helps reduce stress
- Makes you the best of you
- Allows you to keep it real before work and all the other to do tasks happen in your day.
What does a morning ritual look like?
I’m glad you asked. =) A morning ritual for me looks like this:
- Wake up early before kids – at least an hour depending on what time I went to bed.
Mediation 15 minutes at the most or 4-7-8 breathing exercise I particularly like this one from Dr. Weil or 20 minutes of listening to an inspiring recording or podcast.
- Shower and take care of myself and get ready for the day.
- Drink my tea on delicate tea temperature so I can drink it right away. While drinking my tea, determine my intentions for the day and think of the big picture goals.
- Drink my non-dairy protein shake with organic Earthbound Deep greens mix and organic cantaloupe with my daily vitamins.
It’s still a work in progress. I would love to add more activities, like a workout. Some days I do an exercise when the schedule is less tight on time.
Here are some additional ideas to help you start your day off right:
- Add stretching. I can remember my father doing yoga every morning when I was a kid. I was so impressed with his ability to do headstand so easily.
- Add exercise (walking then running 20 minutes.)
- Read something inspiring.
- Talk about the life goals or ideas with your partner.
- Write down inspirational notes to yourself.
- Write down your to-do list and visualize your day.
How to start your new morning ritual?
Write down on paper the list of the morning rituals you want to do in the morning. Start off with a few tasks and add as need be. Remember it takes 30 days to make this a habit so keep it up for 30 days and determine how it helps. Then, change as needed.
That’s pretty much it. What do you do to make your day start off on the right foot? Please leave a comment below and join the conversation.
Here are more tips from other experts to help you get your morning off right.
Please note these are affiliate links through Amazon and at no additional cost to you, I will earn affiliate fees if you decide to make a purchase.