Thanksgiving Time Saving Tips
- Don't worry about ironing the tablecloths. It's not necessary. The trick I use is to wash and dry the tablecloth and place it right on the table.
- Set the table early. I like to set the table in the morning. It looks pretty and doesn't have to be done at the last minute. Pull out chairs too.
- Write up a timeline. Start with the time you want to eat. Then subtract the cooking and prep time for the different meals and side dishes.
- Don't stuff the turkey. It saves time when cooking.
- Prep salad ingredients in the morning and place them in bags, and store them in the refrigerator. I like this one. It helps when I have to make a salad at the last minute.
- Setup up the appetizer tray and cover it with plastic wrap, and store it in the refrigerator around 12:00 PM. This way, you will have them ready when people come over later.
- Make desserts the day before. We make our pies the day before and set them aside. It works well. And, since our pumpkin pies do not need to be refrigerated, they can be left out.
I hope this helps you to save time on your Thanksgiving day. May your Thanksgiving be enjoyable and without stress. What is your favorite time-saving tip for Thanksgiving? Please share below. Until next time.
Feel free to check out these posts I found online:
10 Sanity-Saving Thanksgiving Tips, Tricks and Hacks from The Food Network