I know many people who work on Thanksgiving. They may be a nurses, doctor, server people, at a nursing home. These people don’t always have time to make a grand dinner on Thanksgiving so to help them, and you share in the festivities in a quicker but still delicious manner, I have put together this quick Thanksgiving meal that was so easy, I made it recently for my family.
Quick Thanksgiving Meal for a family of 4
Turkey breast – bone out skin on (flattened with a mallet and unrolled)
1 -2 cups pre-cut butternut squash
1 cup pre-cut or whole Brussel sprouts
1 acorn squash cut slices and seeds removed
1 yam/sweet potato
2-4 TBSP Olive oil
1-2 tsp Italian herb seasoning (mix) no salt added
Salt/pepper to taste
1 tsp smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prep the turkey and remove the rope. Flatten the bird between two large pieces of wax paper. Using a mallet, hammer the top part of the wax paper to flatten the meat evenly. Set aside.
- Cut the Acorn Squash into thick 1 inch slices and remove the seeds.
- Peel and cut the sweet potato into quarters.
- Using precut butternut squash sprinkle them around the roasting pan.
- Cut the end off the Brussel sprouts and cut them in half long ways.
- Place all the veggies in a large roasting pan with drilled olive oil. Add Italian herb seasoning, salt, pepper, and a pinch of smoked paprika.
- Remove the wax paper and add the flattened turkey to the top of the acorn squash slices in the pan.
- Season with Italian herb seasoning, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and check the meat. It should be 160 degrees or 155 degrees and let sit for 15 -20 minutes to get up to temperature.
- Slice the turkey into thin slices and transfer the vegetables to a bowl. If you don’t want to eat the acorn skin, cut it off and discard.
- Serve with your favorite quick stuffing.
Doesn’t it look delicious? I liked this meal. And, what is great about it is that we can have leftovers the next night. I love to make this dish even when it isn’t Thanksgiving. Then, try our turkey leftover dish. Enjoy.
Please note the link above is affiliate links through Amazon and at no additional cost to you, I will receive affiliate fees if you click through and decide to make a purchase.