Thank you to my special guest, my husband, Patrick, for doing this recipe. It's one of his favorites. Grill and beef what can go wrong? Nothing. This recipe is so easy to make and can be done so easily.
Pineapple BBQ sauce:
1/2 cup pineapple juice from can
1/4 cup teriyaki marinade (gluten free)
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
2 Tbsp of brown sugar
Smoked bacon strips
1.5 lb ground beef
4 Pineapple slices from the can
1 large red onion (sliced in big rounds)
2 Tbsp Olive oil for grilling
1 tsp ground red pepper
4 Hamburger rolls
For pineapple BBQ sauce:
1. Combine and bring to a boil in a small saucepan.
2. Reduce heat and simmer until thickened about 12-15 minutes.
1. Tightly form patties and wrap with smoked bacon.
2. Tightly wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until 30 minutes before grilling.
3. Allow burgers to come to room temperature for 20 minutes before grilling.
4. Add salt and pepper.
5. Place on HOT grill.
6. Brush top of burgers with BBQ sauce and cook for 6-8 minutes. Cook until the internal temp reaches the desired doneness.
7. Meanwhile, pat dry the pineapples from the can.
8. Brush olive oil on pineapple from the can and red onion and add ground red pepper.
9. Place on the grill for 3-4 minutes on each side.
10. Add to roll.
Enjoy! Here's the final picture. Doesn't it look delicious?
Here is the recipe to print for your convenience.
Please note these are affiliate links through Amazon, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn affiliate fees if you decide to make a purchase.