The other day I was visiting family, and we went to a soup take-out restaurant. They make soup daily, and there was a soup that sounded so good that I had to try it. It was a Stuffed Peppers Soup. It had rice in it, so if you are aware of the Keto diets, you are not supposed to have rice. So, I could only eat a little of it.
When I got home, I wanted to replicate this stuffed peppers soup recipe and turn it into a Keto Stuffed Peppers Soup recipe. It was super easy to make than I thought. I was so happy with the results; I wanted to share it with you on the blog. My daughter even mentioned how delicious it was as well. And, that's saying something.
Ingredients for this stuffed peppers soup recipe:
1 Tablespoon of coconut oil
3 garlic cloves minced
1 cup of onion chopped
1 yellow bell pepper chopped
1 orange bell pepper chopped
1 can of stewed tomatoes cut up if the pieces are too large
2 tablespoons of chicken bone broth
1 pound of ground beef organic browned in a skillet before adding to slow cooker
1 cup tomato sauce(no sugar added) or make your own with my recipe: Quick Easy Tomato Sauce Recipe
1 bag of cauliflower rice cooked as the package instructed
1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
1 teaspoon of oregano dried
1 teaspoon of basil dried
1 teaspoon of parsley dried
Instructions for this stuffed peppers soup recipes:
- Use 1/2 tbsp of the coconut oil and add to the hot skillet - not too hot though. In a sauté pan, add the chopped peppers, onion, garlic, and sauté for two minutes or until opaque. Take out and place on a plate and aside.
- Add the other 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil to the skillet. In that same pan, brown the ground beef. It took about three to five minutes. You don't need to cook it completely since it will be in the slow cooker for a while.
- Now, add the pepper mixture into the crockpot. Then, add the other ingredients (tomato sauce, cauliflower, smoked paprika, chicken bone broth, oregano, basil, parsley).
- When the meat is browned, if there is too much fat from the meat, strain it. If not, dump the meat and the little bit of fat into the slow cooker. This should be on top of all the other ingredients.
- Add remaining ingredients to the crockpot. Cook for 6 hours on low or 4 hours on high. Turn to warm and enjoy this dish with your family.
Feel free to print out the recipe here:
Well, there you have it. Super easy, right? Here's the final soup recipe. Would you make this? It has a savory taste, and if you like chunky soups, you will love this recipe.
Here's another angle of the soup.
Here are some other Keto stuffed peppers recipes I found online. Feel free to visit them.
Below are affiliate links from Amazon.com. If you purchase, I will receive a commission from them if you choose to click through and purchase items from Amazon.