I've been wanting to make this recipe after a whirlwind of a springtime season we had here at our home. I finally got around to doing it. YAY! The Keto style stuffed peppers was easier to make than I thought. It took a little time though but was very good and light for a summer Sunday meal. I hope you enjoy it and come back and share your tips in the comments section.
Stuffed Peppers Keto Style Recipe Ingredients:
1-2 tablespoon Avocado Oil
3 red peppers cleaned and cut in half making 6 bowls
1 cup of chopped onions
½ - ¾ lb of turkey (dark meat) ground
1 - 2 tablespoon no sugar Fajita seasoning
A bag of frozen cauliflower rice
1 16 oz can of tomato diced
½ - ¾ cup of shredded Mexican mix cheese
Stuffed Peppers Keto Style Recipe Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the cleaned and cut peppers to a baking sheet and add 1 tablespoon of Avocado Oil. Bake for 15 minutes or until a little soft. Pull out and set aside.
- In a skillet, add 1 tablespoon of Avocado Oil. Heat for a minute or two. Then, add the chopped onions and cook for 3-5 minutes until light in color.
- Add the Ground turkey ½- ¾ lb. Sprinkle the 1 - 1.5 tablespoon of the no sugar Fajita Seasoning over the meat and onions. Cook until the meat is almost completely cooked.
- Add the cauliflower rice and tomato diced. Add a little more fajita seasoning if you want. Cook until the cauliflower rice is defrosted and heated through.
- Add the Mexican Shredded Cheese and toss until melted.
- Using a large spoon, add the mixture evenly to each of the baked pepper cups. Press them in so you can really fill them up. If you want, add a sprinkle of Shredded cheese to the top.
- Bake for another 15-20 minutes.
- Let sit for about 5 minutes and enjoy. This is important. It is really hot and can burn you.
Visit our other Keto Diet recipes here.
Feel free to print out this recipe:
What do you think? Here's the dinner. It does take a little longer so I made it over the weekend because I had more time.