****Visit our "Disclosure Policy and Cookies" for details. Affiliate links appear on this page from Google Adsense, Amazon, Order Out of Chaos, Impact affiliate members, Release, Repurpose, Reorganize, and Shareasale affiliate members.****
I've been wanting to make this recipe after a whirlwind of a springtime season we had here at our home. I finally got around to doing it. YAY! The Keto style stuffed peppers was easier to make than I thought. It took a little time though but was very good and light for a summer Sunday meal. I hope you enjoy it and come back and share your tips in the comments section.
Stuffed Peppers Keto Style Recipe Ingredients:
1-2 tablespoon Avocado Oil
3 red peppers cleaned and cut in half making 6 bowls
1 cup of chopped onions
½ - ¾ lb of turkey (dark meat) ground
1 - 2 tablespoon no sugar Fajita seasoning
A bag of frozen cauliflower rice
1 16 oz can of tomato diced
½ - ¾ cup of shredded Mexican mix cheese
Stuffed Peppers Keto Style Recipe Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the cleaned and cut peppers to a baking sheet and add 1 tablespoon of Avocado Oil. Bake for 15 minutes or until a little soft. Pull out and set aside.
- In a skillet, add 1 tablespoon of Avocado Oil. Heat for a minute or two. Then, add the chopped onions and cook for 3-5 minutes until light in color.
- Add the Ground turkey ½- ¾ lb. Sprinkle the 1 - 1.5 tablespoon of the no sugar Fajita Seasoning over the meat and onions. Cook until the meat is almost completely cooked.
- Add the cauliflower rice and tomato diced. Add a little more fajita seasoning if you want. Cook until the cauliflower rice is defrosted and heated through.
- Add the Mexican Shredded Cheese and toss until melted.
- Using a large spoon, add the mixture evenly to each of the baked pepper cups. Press them in so you can really fill them up. If you want, add a sprinkle of Shredded cheese to the top.
- Bake for another 15-20 minutes.
- Let sit for about 5 minutes and enjoy. This is important. It is really hot and can burn you.
Visit our other Keto Diet recipes here.
Feel free to print out this recipe:
What do you think? Here's the dinner. It does take a little longer so I made it over the weekend because I had more time.