This week's freezer meal is a breakfast one for those rush out the door weekdays. It's really easy to make and we all enjoyed them over the years. When we were remodeling our kitchen and only had a microwave, this was a great option for us in the morning. We made them ahead of time and when the contractors were renovating, we were able to eat well in the morning just with our microwave. Try it and see.
Mexican Scrambled Egg Muffins Freezer Meal
Mexican Scrambled Egg Muffins Ingredients:
¾ egg whites
⅓ cup milk
1 tsp Mexican Seasoning
½ cup shredded Mexican Cheese
1 cup spinach frozen chopped and thawed
2 Tbsp chunky salsa mild
Mexican Scrambled Egg Muffins Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray with a nonstick spray in the extra-large (jumbo) muffin tin that makes 6 muffins.
- Add eggs, egg whites, and milk to the bowl and mix well.
- Add Mexican seasoning, Mexican cheese, spinach, and salsa to the mixture and mix well.
- Add ¾ mixture to each of the extra-large (jumbo) muffin openings (6). Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. They will puff up. Fork them to make sure they are done.
- Let site. They will flatten.
- Remove from the tin and add one in a quart freezer bag. There should only be one muffin in each quart freezer bag. Then, Freeze.
- To Reheat: Pull out of the freezer, take out of the bag and place on a microwavable plate. Cover with a paper towel lightly and reheat in the microwave for 30-50 seconds or until the center is warm.
- Serve with hot sauce. Enjoy!
Here's the printable recipe for your convenience.
Please note these are affiliate links through Amazon, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn affiliate fees if you decide to make a purchase.