****Visit our "Disclosure Policy and Cookies" for details. Affiliate links appear on this page from Google Adsense, Amazon, Order Out of Chaos, Impact affiliate members, Release, Repurpose, Reorganize, and Shareasale affiliate members.****
No one can resist an already-made quick healthy breakfast like these Egg White Muffins Recipe. This recipe is super easy to make and will save you a ton of time in your morning routine. I made it for a family member who is reducing their cholesterol. I've done several of these egg muffin recipes in the past but not with only egg whites. Check it out and try it today.
Below is a simple list of ingredients for this breakfast recipe.
- One cup of frozen broccoli, defrosted and chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
- One cup of egg whites
- ¼ cup of almond milk unflavored
- ¼ cup of roasted red peppers from a jar
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- non-stick spray or olive oil
First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Then, spray muffin tins with nonstick spray.
Measure out all the ingredients. Chop the onion, and set aside.
Add chop the roasted red peppers, set aside, and press on a paper towel to drain.
Chop up the defrosted broccoli, and set aside. In a large bowl, add the egg whites, Almond milk unflavored.
Add the chopped broccoli, onions, and roasted red peppers into the bowl.
Add salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning to the bowl. Mix well.
With an Ice cream scooper, scoop out enough for each of the muffin openings in the muffin tin.
Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until done. Check at 15 minutes to see if they are opaque.
Pop them out after about 5-minute rest. If you find that they are sticking, you can use a knife or icing spatula and run it around the edges to loosen up the muffin.
Here is what this Egg White Muffins Recipe looks like now after it was placed on a plate. Each serving has a quantity of three muffins.
There are many variations of this Egg White Muffins Recipe. Below are some that we love.
- Spicy - Add some red pepper flakes to spice it up. Or add hot sauce to the egg mixture.
- Deluxe - add some guacamole as a topping.
- Kid-friendly - Add some small cubbed potatoes (already cooked)
- Cheezy - This recipe is dairy-free, but you can add a ½ cup of shredded cheese if you want. You can add cottage cheese to the mixture as well.
- Canadian Bacon - You can add Canadian Bacon to the bottom before adding the filling if you want.
- Spinach - add finely chopped fresh spinach to the top for garnish and additional vegetables.
Equipment can have a big impact on how a recipe turns out. There are only a few supplies you need to make this recipe.
Large muffin tin - I recommend a non-stick metal version. It should have 12 muffin holes on it. This one is more sturdy and can handle the liquid.
Ice Cream Scooper - Another thing that is useful for the recipe is a larger ice cream scooper. The stainless steel ones work best. Check out these below from Amazon (affiliate).
This Egg White Muffins Recipe can be stored in the freezer but must be wrapped individually so as not to freeze together. They can be stored for up to 1 month.
It can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
Ensure you use a nonstick spray in the muffin tin holes before adding the liquid. It will help remove them without breaking them when they are finished.