I never knew how to microwave spaghetti squash, until now. And boy is it easy. I don't know why I didn't look it up sooner. Using the microwave is an easy way to speed up the weeknight meal. While I don't cook in the microwave, I do like to cook part of dishes in it. Since I love to make ragu, this beef ragu and spaghetti squash recipe was an easy one to make. These ingredients are most likely in your pantry and fridge right now. You can make it tonight perhaps. Try it and taste for yourself.
1 cup of green blends or spinach
1 tablespoon olive oil
⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes (if desired)
2 garlic cloves
1 lb ground beef
1 tsp basil dry
1 tsp parsley dry
1 can diced tomatoes
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half and take the seeds out. Microwave spaghetti squash. Add a little olive oil to the top. Cook for 16 minutes or until you can fork out the shreds from spaghetti squash.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil to hot but not smoking then add beef to the skillet and brown for 3 minutes.
- Stir in meat, tomatoes, basil, parsley, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- On low cook for 10 minutes.
- For the last 5 minutes, add the dried greens or spinach. Add Salt and Pepper if you want.
That was easy, right? I hope you take the time and make it one of these days. It will not disappoint you one bit. My kids even liked it. And, with the amount it made, we were able to have it for lunch the next day. Yay, Squash!
Now it's your turn. Have you made squash in the microwave before? Which squash did you cook? What recipe did you prepare? Please leave a comment below. I would love to hear from my foodie visitors.
Please note these are affiliate links through Amazon and at no additional cost to you, I will earn affiliate fees if you decide to make a purchase.