I recently made a lemon curd flower recipe from SugarApron.com for my niece’s bridal shower. They turned out great, and people seemed to like them a lot. This gave me an idea, why not make these flowers with other fillings for a beautiful presentation? So, here’s my version of an easy mini flower pie dessert recipe. I love how tart this dessert is so I figured I would try it with apple and cherry fillings. Desserts are always so sweet so I wanted to make these for those people who don’t want that sweet of a dessert. Note: this recipe is for a crowd. If you want to reduce the size, you can easily do that as well. This recipe makes about 48-60 mini flower pie dessert cups.
Easy appetizer dessert ingredients:
Quick appetizer dessert instructions:
- Roll out the dough according to the packaging.
- Using a flower cookie cutter, cut out the flowers from the pie crusts.
- Lay them in a mini cupcake pan by overlapping the petals if needed. If the petals are too large and they lay too close to the other cupcake opening, use every other one on the cupcake pan.
- Poke with a fork and then cook until golden brown or 10-15 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes, then slide out carefully and transfer to the cooling rack.
- Repeat this process until you used up all the pie crusts. This should make about 8-10 flowers per pie crust round. A total of 48-60 mini flower pie dessert cups.
- The next day or a few hours later, open the cans of apple pie filling and cherry filling.
- On two different plates, cut the apples into smaller pieces. Then, cut the Cherry filing into smaller pieces.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop a little of the apple pie or cherry pie filling into each of the mini flower pie dessert cups until you fill up all the flowers.
- When serving, add sprinkled confectioner sugar to the top. To add a little more bling, you can also add sugar crystal colored white and red to the filling.
I refrigerated them, but you don’t have to do this step.
To help the flowers stand up better, use mini cupcake liners. They worked great. I was even able to travel 45 minutes to the venue and only lost 1 petal. I was so happy they didn’t break. Try them today for your next gathering.
Here’s the finished product from the party. What do you think?
Here’s the printable recipe:
Please note these are affiliate links through Amazon and at no additional cost to you, I will earn affiliate fees if you decide to make a purchase.