Making desserts are more complicated when going on a Ketosis Diet. I can attest to that! I’ve been looking for dessert recipes for a while. Lucky for you, I modified this recipe from a classic Gluten-Free Streusel coffee cake recipe. There were some interesting things I had to do to make it keto-friendly. Read on to see how I made this yummy and keto-friendly.
First I had to make the “brown sugar” sugar-free, I had to go back to basics and make it from scratch. To do this, I took 1/2 cup of monk fruit and 1 tsp of blackstrap molasses. I took a fork and stirred the blackstrap molasses in with the monk fruit. Then added the other ingredients below.
How to make a keto streusel coffee cake?
2/3 cup gluten-free flour
1/2 cup monk fruit
1 tsp blackstrap molasses
1 tsp cinnamon
6 tbsp butter unsalted softened
1/2 cup chocolate chips Stevia – I used Lily’s Chocolate Chips
1 box of Swerve vanilla cake – make as the box instructed
- Make the streusel, add all ingredients but the molasses, mix well, add molasses with a form stir in, and place in a bowl, then set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 by 9 inch baking pan. Glass baking pan is probably better than aluminum. The aluminum baking dish needs more time to cook.
- Make the Swerve vanilla cake. I love this brand because it already uses a sugar alternative.
- Pour the streusel on top. It should look like this. You don’t need to stir it in. Just place it on top.
- Place in oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the center is firm. This will change depending on the type of 9 x 9 you use.
Feel free to print the recipe below.
Below is a piece of coffee cake. Doesn’t it look yummy? It’s excellent with some sugar-free vanilla ice cream and a great cup of coffee. It looks like a traditional Streusel Coffee Cake! Do you agree?
Here are some new KETO cake recipes I found online. Feel free to check them out as well.
If you want to check out our other low carb recipes, feel free to visit this link.