****Visit our "Disclosure Policy and Cookies" for details. Affiliate links appear on this page from Google Adsense, Amazon, Order Out of Chaos, Impact affiliate members, Release, Repurpose, Reorganize, and Shareasale affiliate members.****
Making desserts are more complicated when going on a Ketosis Diet. I can attest to that! I've been looking for dessert recipes for a while. Lucky for you, I modified this recipe from a classic Gluten-Free Streusel coffee cake recipe. There were some interesting things I had to do to make it keto-friendly. Read on to see how I made this yummy and keto-friendly.
First I had to make the "brown sugar" sugar-free, I had to go back to basics and make it from scratch. To do this, I took ½ cup of monk fruit and 1 teaspoon of blackstrap molasses. I took a fork and stirred the blackstrap molasses in with the monk fruit. Then added the other ingredients below.
How to make a keto streusel coffee cake?
⅔ cup gluten-free flour
½ cup monk fruit
1 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
1 teaspoon cinnamon
6 tablespoon butter unsalted softened
½ cup chocolate chips Stevia - I used Lily’s Chocolate Chips
1 box of Swerve vanilla cake - make as the box instructed
- Make the streusel, add all ingredients but the molasses, mix well, add molasses with a form stir in, and place in a bowl, then set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 by 9 inch baking pan. Glass baking pan is probably better than aluminum. The aluminum baking dish needs more time to cook.
- Make the Swerve vanilla cake. I love this brand because it already uses a sugar alternative.
- Pour the streusel on top. It should look like this. You don't need to stir it in. Just place it on top.
- Place in oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the center is firm. This will change depending on the type of 9 x 9 you use.
Feel free to print the recipe below.
Below is a piece of coffee cake. Doesn't it look yummy? It's excellent with some sugar-free vanilla ice cream and a great cup of coffee. It looks like a traditional Streusel Coffee Cake! Do you agree?
Here are some new KETO cake recipes I found online. Feel free to check them out as well.
If you want to check out our other low carb recipes, feel free to visit this link.