There are many childhood recipes my mother made on the quick recipe section in Sabrina's Organizing blog. While all of them are delicious and easy, this one is my favorite. I hope you make it a childhood tradition for your kids as well. Let's begin.
3 lb russet potatoes
3 cups of all-purpose flour
1 pinch of salt
1 egg scrambled (uncooked)
1 cup your favorite tomato sauce - here's my favorite 20-minute tomato sauce
- Clean and peel potatoes. Cook potatoes in boiling water until fork tender.
- Remove the potatoes and run through a ricer. Let cool in a bowl.
- Add flour and salt and 1 egg (uncooked).
- Mix well with a fork until just combined into a ball.
- Knead for 3 minutes on a floured surface until it starts to look like a smoother ball. Set under a tea towel for 15-20 minutes. It should look like this.
- Place the ball of dough a tablecloth and sprinkle extra flour on it. This will help the gnocchi from sticking to the cloth.
- Get a fork and a knife.
- Cut a piece of the dough and roll it into no more than ¾ inch diameter strips.
- Using the knife, cut the strips into ¾ inch wide pieces.
- With the back of the fork, roll the piece of gnocchi on the back of the fork starting from the bottom pressing down gently toward the top. Then let it fall onto the floured tablecloth.
- Repeat steps 8 through 10 processes again until all the gnocchi dough is finished.
- Let sit for an hour.
- Boil salted water.
- Add a plate full of gnocchi at a time and when they float to the top in the water, they are done. Add a ladle of sauce to a pasta bowl. Using a holed spoon, scoop them out and place in your favorite sauce.
- Repeat step 14 until you cook all the gnocchi.
- Toss the gnocchi in the sauce to coat and add parmesan cheese if you wish.
- Enjoy immediately.
Yummy Gnocchi Recipe
This dish is so light and delicious the entire family enjoys it every time I make it. I even have the kids help.
Here's the printable gnocchi recipe to help you.
Check out these items from Amazon (affiliate) below that you may need for this recipe.
Please note the link above is affiliate links through Amazon and at no additional cost to you, I will receive affiliate fees if you click through and decide to make a purchase.
Looking for additional help, check out these other experts recipe.