This DIY craft project will definitely brighten up any room this spring. I made this one for my daughter's graduation, which will be happening this summer. OMG! Time flies!
You could also create them for other parties, give as holiday gifts, or use them just for yourself to brighten your organized home.
How much did it cost, and how long did it take to make this Springtime Flower Vase?
It only took an hour to make and was used with stuff I had in my craft area. So, zero cost for me.
Products you need to make a Springtime Flower Vase:
Glass Vase - links are from Amazon (affiliate)
A container of flat fabric/silk flowers - this link is for blue flower petals from Amazon (affiliate)
Hot Glue - the best seller on Amazon (affiliate)
An assortment of Silk flowers with stems for inside. - this link is for Peony Silk Flowers on Amazon (affiliate) - they are so pretty.
How to make this Springtime Flower Vase:
1. Clean off the glass vase. Let dry.
2. Heat up the hot glue gun. Have 2-3 extra glue sticks to refill on hand. This depends on the size of your vase. You may need more if your vase is larger than mine.
3. Glue the back of the flower and affix it to the bottom of the vase. The bigger the flower, the more glue I added to it. Working your way around the vase and then up works best. Overlapping by half the leaf as you go. This took the bulk of the time to do. Look for flowers that are flat like these.
4. Let dry, and then add a 12 to 18 inches ribbon of your choice around the center of the vase.
5. Add your favorite silk flowers and place them in a prominent location in the home.
Well, what do you think? Would you try this DIY craft project? You can visit our other DIY Projects by clicking here. Visit this post on the Real Simple Magazine website that talks about 20 5-Minute Centerpiece Ideas for Every Occasion.