This DIY craft project will definitely brighten up any room this spring. I made this one for my daughter's graduation which will be happening this summer. OMG! Time flies!
You could also create them for other parties, give as gifts for the holidays, or use them just for yourself to brighten your organized home.
It only too an hour to make and was used with stuff I had in my craft area. So, zero cost for me.
Stuff you need to make a Springtime Flower Vase:
A container of flat fabric/silk flowers
An assortment of Silk flowers with stems for inside.
How to make this Springtime Flower Vase:
1. Clean off the glass vase. Let dry.
2. Heat up the hot glue gun. Have 2-3 extra glue sticks to refill on hand. This depends on the size of your vase. You may need more if your vase is larger than mine.
3. Glue the back of the flower and affix to the bottom of the vase. The bigger the flower, the more glue I added to it. Working your way around the vase then up works best. Overlapping by half the leaf as you go. This took the bulk of the time to do. Look for the flowers that are flat like these.
***AD*** Boutique Rugs: Looking for rugs? Check out their wide variety of beautifully designed rugs.
4. Let dry and then add a 12 to 18 inches ribbon of your choice around the center of the vase.
5. Add your favorite silk flowers and place in a prominent location of the home.
Well, what do you think? Would you try this DIY craft project? You can visit our other DIY Projects by clicking here. Visit this post on Real Simple Magazine website that talks about 20 5-Minute Centerpiece Ideas for Every Occasion.