Welcome to the new year! Today, we are going to start the year off with the January challenge. We may have lots of goals this year, but all of them may not come to completion. But, to help us make this year more of success, we will determine our targets for this year. Here is how to jump start getting organized this year.
Step by step instructions to establish your goals this year.
Our first step is to revisit what our goals were last year. Answer these questions while looking at your list.
- Did you find some goals were harder to achieve than others? Which goals were they? Why were they hard to make?
- What are you proud of this year? What is a large or smaller goal?
- What was the root goal within all your goals?
- What do you feel you should have accomplished this year? Is this realistic? Is it something you want to do this year?
- Was there any goal you were missing on last year’s list that you want to do this year?
- Did you learn anything new about goal setting last year?
After going through your goal list from last year, jot down all your responses to help you with this year goals.
Now it’s time to compile new year goals. Here are questions to ask yourself about this year goals.
- Why is this goal important to achieve?
- What will success look like when you attain this goal?
- How will I benefit from reaching this goal?
- Do I see a clear path on how to achieve this goal? What is my first step? How about my second phase?
- Who will help me achieve this goal?
- What will be my biggest challenge to achieving this goal?
- How will I stay focused to reach this target?
After writing down your responses to your goal, you should see a clear path on how to reach the goal this year. If the goal is too broad and you can’t envision the goal, you may need to refine your aim.
I hope this helps you achieve your goal this year. And, don’t be afraid to have several different targets. You can have different goals for various areas of your life. Here are some examples of other goals you can have: Small Business goal, Personal Finance goal, Fitness and eating target, taking care of yourself goal, spending time with friends/family goal, faith goal, home improvement goal, behavior goal.
In the coming weeks, I will be talking about straightforward and easy ways to achieve the most common goals. I hope you return and check them out. May your new year be fruitful and organized one. Till next time.
Feel free to visit these other posts on this topic.
Please note the link above is affiliate links through Amazon and at no additional cost to you, I will receive affiliate fees if you click through and decide to make a purchase.