Recently, I have enjoyed one-skillet recipes. They save time on my weeknight meals and are super easy to make. This one has the added advantage of also being a Keto-friendly recipe. Less stuff to clean after dinner is always a plus for a healthy weeknight meal.
Keto Style Ground Beef and Mushroom One Skillet Recipe Ingredients:
2 tablespoon salted butter
1 onion chopped
1 package of sliced mushrooms cut in half
1 tablespoon Thyme
1 LB ground beef (organic)
1 package of baby Kale / Spinach
½ cups shredding mozzarella
Salt and Pepper to taste
Keto Style Ground Beef and Mushroom One Skillet Recipe Instructions:
- In a hot skillet, add butter and chopped onions. Cook until translucent. About 5-7 minutes depending on how large the chopped onion pieces are. Lower the temperature if the onion starts to brown too much.
- Cut the sliced mushrooms in half if they are large. Add them to the onions in the skillet.
- Add ½ of the dried thyme. Toss and cook for 5 minutes or so until the start to reduce down.
- Push the mushroom and onions to the side of the skillet. Then, add the ground beef in the center. Add the other ½ of the dried thyme. Breakdown the meat with a wooden spoon. Cook the ground beef until it is completely brown.
- Then mix them with the mushroom and ground beef.
- Toss the baby kale and spinach on top of the ground beef-mushroom mixture. Add a little salt and pepper. Cover with lid and cook until wilted about 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and toss with a wooden spoon.
- Add the shredded mozzarella to the top.
- Serve warm and enjoy.
Here's the finished dish. What do you think? Would you make this for your family? I found that the organic ground beef was tastier. Using the box of organic kale/spinach mix was super quick to finish off the dish so adding it last keep it from overcooking.
Visit our Keto Style recipes here.
Check out these 30 one-pot keto recipes from other bloggers.