Back to school season is on its way, so I wanted to share with you a treat to give your kiddos when they return from school. It may not be the healthiest treat, but it sure is delicious. And, it only has three ingredients (woo hoo) which make it a quick after school snack. It reminds me a mini stromboli. And, my family loves strombolis, especially with pepperoni and cheese. Yum!
If you have older teens that are comfortable with the oven, they can also make them on their own. I find that any kids who love pepperoni and cheese will love these Pepperoni and Harvanti Crescent recipe.
1 Pillsbury™ Reduced Fat Crescent Dinner Rolls container that makes 8
32 pieces of Pepperoni pieces - four pieces in each crescent
2 Havarti cheese folded to make eight small squares of cheese
Note: you can add various types of food to the inside as well. Be creative and pick what your kids like to eat. Here are some suggestions: cooked chicken cubed, shredded mozzarella or any shredded cheese, cubed cooked ham. I found that any cooked leftover meat works great. You can even add a little sauce on the side if your kids like to dunk their food. The possibilities are endless.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Start by opening the canister. Then separate the eight pieces of the crescent containers.
Roll them out a little enough for each one to fit the pepperoni and cheese inside.
Place two pieces of pepperoni, then one small square of cheese and two pieces of pepperoni on each crescent. The roll from the wide end to the narrow point of the triangle. Making sure to enclose the pepperoni and cheese.
Bake according to the container (11-13 minutes) until golden brown on a parchment covered cookie sheet.
Let cool for 15 minutes and enjoy with your kids.
Pepperoni and Harvanti Crescent Recipe for an After School Treat
- 1 Pillsbury™ Reduced Fat Crescent Dinner Rolls container that makes 8
- 32 pieces of Pepperoni pieces - 4 pieces in each crescent
- 2 Harvanti cheese folded to make 8 small squares of cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Start by opening the canister. Then separate the 8 pieces of the crescent containers.
- Roll them out a little enough for each one to fit the pepperoni and cheese inside.
- Place 2 pieces of pepperoni, then 1 small square of cheese, and 2 pieces of pepperoni on each crescent. The roll from the wide end to the narrow point of the triangle. Make sure to enclose the pepperoni and cheese.
- Bake according to the container (11-13 minutes) until golden brown on a parchment-covered cookie sheet.
- Let cool for 15 minutes and enjoy yourself with your kids.
Here's the finished snack. It looks delicious, right? Let me know what you and your children think by leaving a comment below. My kids enjoyed it and gulped up that there were no leftovers. You can share this recipe as an appetizers for an impromptu visit from family and friends as well.
Looking for other treats for your kids, check out these recipes below.
Please note these are affiliate links through Amazon and at no additional cost to you, I will earn affiliate fees if you decide to make a purchase.
How fun - this is a must try and soon.