****Visit our "Disclosure Policy and Cookies" for details. Affiliate links appear on this page from Google Adsense, Amazon, Order Out of Chaos, Impact affiliate members, Release, Repurpose, Reorganize, and Shareasale affiliate members.****
It's my Slow Cooker Gluten Free Cinnamon Chocolate Cake.
Note: I indicated the products I used below for your convenience. But, if you use different gluten-free products you use, please feel free to use that and let me know how it goes.
1 stick of butter softened
⅔ cup water
2 teaspoon of Gluten Free almond extract or Gluten Free vanilla extract
1 cup peanut butter (we used Simply Jif )
Betty Crocker Yellow Gluten Free Cake Mix
1-2 tablespoon of Cinnamon (use less if you don't want as much of a nutty flavor)
Use a Nonstick spray like Pam spray
2 tablespoon water
½ cup Nutella
½ cup peanut butter
Slow Cooker (oval)
If you use round, be sure to add time to the baking time as it will be thicker.
- Mix well the wet ingredients, 1 stick of butter softened, 3 eggs, ⅔ cup water, 2 teaspoon of almond or vanilla extract GF, 1 cup peanut butter (we used Simply Jif)
- Then lower the speed on the mixer and add the cake mix and cinnamon .
- Mix on high for 2 minutes or what it says on the packaging.
- Spray the slow cooker with a non-stick spray.
- Pour the mixed batter into the slow cooker and cover.
- Bake for 3 hours on low. Check the center to make sure it is cooked. If not, check back in a 15 minutes increments.
- IMPORTANT: After the center is cooked, take the entire porcelain holder off the heating element. Otherwise it may burn. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Turn over onto a plate and completely cool.
- To make the icing, add 2 tablespoon water, ½ cup Nutella, and ½ cup peanut butter to a bowl and mix well.
- Add to cooled cake.
- Serve with fresh fruit or a scoop of ice cream.
- Cut and enjoy.
Here's the cake. What do you think?
Let me know if you try it. If you do, please let me know if you change the recipe and what you did to improve it?
Please note these are affiliate links through Amazon, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn affiliate fees if you decide to make a purchase.