Alfredo is a favorite of mine but I can't have it because the cream is too heavy for my stomach. So when I saw an alfredo recipe made with cauliflower and milk, I had to try it. Here is how I made this delicious Turkey, Broccoli and Cauliflower Alfredo with Penne dish. We had leftover turkey breast from a roast I made the night before so I also wanted to use up all the leftovers as well. If you want to remove it and substitute another cooked protein like chicken, that would work too. This is a great easy Gluten Free dish for any weeknight for sure.
THE REVIEW: We all loved it - even the kids. I didn't tell them how I made it beforehand until my son went to get seconds. Score one for mom!
½ lb cooked chopped Turkey Breast
3 cups of frozen broccoli defrosted
3 cups of frozen cauliflower defrosted
1 cup of chicken broth (low sodium)
1 lb pound of Gluten-Free Penne Pasta
2 garlic cloves
⅔ cup 1% milk ( I used 0% milk but it could have used a little more fat)
2 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon lemon juice
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup Romano Cheese (grated)
- Cook pasta according to the package.
- Place flour in the saucepan. Gradually add stock and stir with a whisk until flour is completely dissolved.
- Then add garlic, cauliflower 2 cups and bring to a boil. Cook about 5-10 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower mixer to the food processor or blender. Then add milk, butter, pepper, lemon juice, and cheese (1 oz).
- Add mixture back to the saucepan, add the cooked turkey, then add the defrosted 2 cups of broccoli and the 1 cup of cauliflower cook for 5 minutes.
- Add cooked penne to the saucepan and toss.
- Add 1 oz grated cheese and serve immediately.
Enjoy! Feel free to add more grated cheese and butter to your taste.
Here is the printable for your convenience.
Please note: There are affiliate links on this post, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn affiliate fees if you decide to make a purchase.