****Visit our "Disclosure Policy and Cookies" for details. Affiliate links appear on this page from Google Adsense, Amazon, Order Out of Chaos, Impact affiliate members, Release, Repurpose, Reorganize, and Shareasale affiliate members.****
Busy days have come back in full force for us. So, this recipe was a savior to us to make sure we had at least one healthy meal during the day this week. This recipe serves six people and is great as leftovers the next day and only cooks in 19 minutes - a perfect recipe for easy weeknight dinner. Now that is what I call fast! Follow along and see how I made this quick chicken breast recipe. Visit the end and see the other EIGHT quick chicken recipes you and your entire family will love to make.
- What ingredients are in this quick chicken breast recipe with vegetables?
- How to make this quick chicken breast recipe with vegetables?
- The Big Reveal:
- Quick Chicken Breast Recipe Card
- What other alternatives can I do to make this quick chicken recipe my own?
- What steps should I make ahead to save time?
- Can this recipe be frozen?
- What cookware should I use for this recipe?
- What side dish recipes can go with this quick chicken recipe?
- Eight quick recipes that your family will love this week!
What ingredients are in this quick chicken breast recipe with vegetables?
¾ lb cooked chicken breast
2 tablespoon olive oil
Four cloves of garlic
4 oz of mushrooms
16 oz tomato sauce
1 tablespoon basil
1 tablespoon parsley
⅛ teaspoon of red pepper flakes
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
Gluten-free pasta one box Banza Cavatappi made from ChickPeas
2 cups mixed baby greens - kale spinach, Swiss chard
Optional: Dairy-free Parmesan cheese grated for topping
How to make this quick chicken breast recipe with vegetables?
Step 1: Start water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover with a lid.
The next step: Add Cavatappi pasta to the boiling water and cook as per the box for about 7-9 minutes.
Step 3: In the meantime, prep the veggies and set them aside.
- Start mince garlic and set aside.
- Measure out the salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, parsley, and basil and set them aside in separate bowls.
- Slice the mushroom and add to a bowl.
- Cube the cooked chicken breast.
- Measure out the tomato sauce and set it aside.
- Set aside 2 cups of mixed baby greens.
Step 5: Then add the sliced mushroom to the Dutch oven and cook them to reduce. Let it cook for about 4-5 minutes at medium heat.
Step 6: Add chopped chicken breast to the skillet and heat through for 2-3 minutes.
Then, add the tomato sauce, parsley, basil, salt, pepper, and, if you want, more red pepper flakes to the Dutch oven and stir—Cook for 5 minutes.
Step 8: Add the mixed baby greens. Mix in and cook for another 4 minutes.
Finally, when the pasta is finished. Drain the water from the pasta and toss the pasta in the Dutch oven . Mix well and enjoy.
The Big Reveal:
And now the big reveal! What do you think? It looks and tastes fantastic! I enjoyed this one. It's a great comfort food recipe for these busy days.
Below is the quick chicken breast recipe card for you to print and view easily.
What other alternatives can I do to make this quick chicken recipe my own?
Less spicy - You can remove the red pepper flakes if you don’t want a spicy dish.
More greens - you can add 3-4 cups of mixed greens instead of just two cups.
Make it more buttery - if you want to make it a little buttery, you can add a tablespoon of salted or unsalted butter.
Creamier - you can make it creamier by adding 2-3 tablespoons of heavy cream stirred into the sauce at the end before adding the pasta.
What steps should I make ahead to save time?
Some of these steps can be done ahead of time.
- The chicken breast can be grilled or cooked the night before and cut into cubes. It can stay in the refrigerator for two days after cooking.
- Use garlic in oil instead of mincing your garlic.
- Place all the ingredients in a bin in the refrigerator to pull out when you want to cook.
Can this recipe be frozen?
No, this recipe can not be frozen after being cooked. It will destroy the taste.
What cookware should I use for this recipe?
Cookware is essential to make the most out of any recipe.
Please note these are affiliate links through Amazon, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through and decide to make a purchase.
What side dish recipes can go with this quick chicken recipe?
Now that you have your dinner idea, what side dishes can you make with it? Below are some suggestions.
Visit our other side dishes for inspiration.
Eight quick recipes that your family will love this week!
Having quick chicken recipes at your disposal is super important in a busy family's life. Below are eight MORE recipes you can pick from to help you get dinner DONE! Enjoy and try. Please come back and share your thoughts.
Below are other easy chicken recipes you can do for dinner tonight.
Some of these popular recipes are grilling ones, others are skillet cooked, and a few are make-ahead/freezer meals. Pick and choose what works for you!