There are many recipes that just can't be modified as easily as a pizza recipe. When you find great ingredients and can easily swap out food, it's a gem of a recipe. This quick dairy-free Buffalo Chicken mini flatbread recipe is one of those meals. I've done this recipe before with different toppings but not with these mini flatbreads which I felt were more made for a quick snack or meal. The per person size was more accurate. The other flatbread recipe I made wasn't dairy-free either.
Quick Dairy Free Buffalo Chicken Mini Flatbread Recipe
3 - 4 Tbsp tomato sauce (click here to make my mom's favorite homemade tomato sauce recipe)
3/4 cup cooked chicken breast cut into small squares
1 tsp - 1 Tbsp Tbsp Franks Hot Sauce
8 Tbsp Mozzarella and Pepperjack shredded cheese (we used Dairy Free on some and regular on others)
1/2 cup Strips of baby spinach
4 pieces of mini flatbreads (your choice) We used Kontos Mini Oval Flatbread.
1. Preheat toaster oven or oven to 400 degrees. If you don't have a toaster oven, that's OK. Use your oven.
2. Lay out the mini flatbreads on a cookie sheet.
3. Add the tomato sauce to each flatbread.
4. Mix the hot sauce with the cooked chicken. Set aside.
5. Add your favorite shredded mozzarella and/or pepper jack to flatbread. We used a dairy free version but you can use regular if you want. Can you tell which one is dairy-free? The top right and the bottom left.
6. Add chicken and then strips of baby spinach on top. One person didn't want the hot sauce and chicken so we didn't add it.
7. Bake in a toaster oven or regular oven for 4 minutes. We only needed to let it sit for a few minutes. It cooled quickly.
Doesn't this look yummy? With the different shredded cheese, we were able to customize it to each child. It is very helpful when we have several different eating requirements to find a recipe that can easily be modified for each person. This recipe is going into the books as one of those recipes. I hope you try it and see for yourself.
Please note these are affiliate links through Amazon and at no additional cost to you, I will earn affiliate fees if you decide to make a purchase.