When do you have dessert? Every day? Only on special occasions? Well, this dessert is super easy and quick to make. If you didn't know it by now, I am a fan of apple pie - any form of apple pie. And, this recipe is no different. I was trying various puff pastries recently for an upcoming bridal shower. I am helping them with desserts and accidently purchased these shells. It was a happy accident though since I never tried them before. And figured, what the heck, I should try them now. See how I turned these puff pastry shells into something delicious.
1 Apple Pie filling can
1 package of Puff Pastry Shells (Pepperidge Farm)
Whip cream (fresh or can)
a sprinkle of cinnamon
Easy to Make Instructions:
- Bake the Puff Pastry Shells according to the packaging. I used Pepperidge Farms brand.
- Let cool a bit, remove the center part, It will separate from the sides and will come out easily.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the filling or so to fill the inside of the shell.
- Add a dollop of whip cream on top.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon if you want.
Does it look yummy? It was devoured in our home within a matter of a few minutes. Enjoying it a little warm is like eating an open-faced apple pie. Yum. I hope you try it and share it with your friends.
Here's the recipe if you want to print it out.
Please note these are affiliate links through Amazon and at no additional cost to you, I will earn affiliate fees if you decide to make a purchase.