****Visit our "Disclosure Policy and Cookies" for details. Affiliate links appear on this page from Google Adsense, Amazon, Order Out of Chaos, Impact affiliate members, Release, Repurpose, Reorganize, and Shareasale affiliate members.****
A quick timeout for some shameless self-promoting. I hope you don't mind. Here is a collection of Before and After Organizing transformations to show that 2 hours can make a difference in your home, especially when you have help. Two hours in your weekend doesn't sound like much, but when you see the transformation, you will understand why I recommend to my clients doing two-hour to four-hour sessions works best. Scroll to the bottom; I have a few tips for making your two-hour sessions more fun. Enjoy!
- Organized Linen Closet before and after transformation
- Organized 5 x 7 Foot Closet before and after transformation
- Organized Kitchen Paper Island before and after transformation
- Office Coffee Tea Station before and after transformation
- Dining Room Organized before and after transformation.
- Baby's Room Organized before and after transformation.
Organized Linen Closet before and after transformation
We started by emptying the closet and knowing the client wanted to use the bins again. We added the containers back in. It turned out there were a lot of sheets that didn’t fit or were worn out and replaced, so it was an easy purging of those items.
Organized 5 x 7 Foot Closet before and after transformation
This client had stuff from her work life that she no longer wore. She kept buying and never purging. So, when we were done, most of the stuff was given away or trashed.
Organized Kitchen Paper Island before and after transformation
This client left paper items out on the kitchen counter with no room for anything else, even cooking. So, going through and clearing the unwanted papers and making space for these papers in the command station in the other part of the kitchen.
Office Coffee Tea Station before and after transformation
Transforming a plain mismatched cabinet content into a well-organized Coffee and Tea Beverage station to hold all their stuff was easy when we determined its place. Visit our HOW TO MAKE A FABULOUS BEVERAGE STATION THAT WILL AMAZE YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY post for details on how to do this.
Dining Room Organized before and after transformation.
This client had several boxes that needed to be reviewed and stored correctly. She spent the time, and she got it done!
Baby's Room Organized before and after transformation.
Now, on to the baby’s room. This client had used her kids' crib for a storage unit, and her closet wasn’t well organized either. So, she made a goal to have her baby in the crib more and start a routine to get the baby up and dressed each morning in this room. Visit our EASY TIPS FOR ORGANIZING A BABY’S ROOM post.
Here are some organizing tips for you:
- You can remove your home clutter within one year by taking two hours each weekend. I have clients that can only do two hours each week, and within eight months to one year, we were able to clear the clutter from the entire home.
- Getting other people involved in helping out with the heavy lifting will make the project go even faster. Try offering the helpers a free meal to help out. People will help if they know they will be getting a free meal. Or, tell them if they come over, they get first to pick at the stuff. Some people are motivated when they are offered free stuff.
- Make a plan on the calendar to remind you of what you will do. Write down for each weekend what area you want to organize in your home. So, when the weekend comes, you already know the area to arrange.
A two-hour weekly organizing project will help you get organized more quickly. You need to put a plan in order and take action. Please feel free to share these before and after organizing transformations to help others realize that they, too, can get organizing projects done in two hours.
NOTE: Unfortunately, Sabrina's Organizing doesn't take on new hands-on organizing clients. We offer Solutions Consultations within the Eastern PA region if you need guidance creating goals for your different rooms. We also provide virtual organizing to coach you through the organizing process and help you with your obstacles. Visit our services by clicking the service names below.