This week I am sharing a simple classic tuna sandwich with a twist recipe for you and your family. This recipe is so easy. You can make it in half an hour or less. Try it and see. I like tuna in oil so this recipe using it but if you wish to use tuna in water, feel free to do that as well. I hope you like it.
1 loaf of ciabatta
1 container of garlic and herbs spreadable pub cheese (we used President Authentic Pub Cheese Spreadable Cheese)
2 cans of tuna in oil, drained then flaked
1 large tomato sliced and then halved
1 Tbsp dried parsley
1 medium red onion sliced
1 Tbsp of Aged Balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup of baby spinach leaves
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cut the ciabatta loaf long ways.
- Spread with the pub cheese on both sides of the bread.
- Add the flaked drained tuna on one side of the cheese. Add salt and pepper.
- Add the halved tomato slices and lay on top of the tuna.
- Add the parsley on top of the tomato slices.
- Add the red onion slices on top.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of Aged Balsamic vinegar on top.
- Top with baby spinach leaves and then add the other half of the ciabatta loaf.
- Serve with your favorite side dish.
We served it with classic potato salad. You can try my potato salad recipe. Here is the recipe for an easy potato salad recipe. What do you think? Would you make it for your family? Please leave a comment below.
If you want to print this Classic Tuna Sandwich with a twist recipe, here is the printable.
Please note these are affiliate links through Amazon, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn affiliate fees if you decide to make a purchase.