We are tech people in our home, so over the years, we have perfected the art of cleaning our electronics. Years ago, you could use products like glass cleaner on tube TVs. But the technology has changed over the years and we had to also modify what we were using to clean our home electronics. While doing my research, I decided to watch some how-to YouTube videos. It's one of my favorite sites to go to when wanting to learn something new. Don't you agree?
These videos below helped me clean various electronics. Many of the tips are similar but they are effective and hopefully, won't damage your screens.
Cleaning Flat Screen:
Some quick tips from How to clean a flat-screen TV:
- Make sure the TV is off.
- Use the breathing method, where you breathe on the screen and fog on the area where there is a figure print and then in circular motion, use a lint-free cloth until the figure print is gone.
- Use distilled water method: Do not spray directly on the screen. It should be to mist on the lint-free cloth.
Cleaning Screens including smartphones:
Some quick tips from How to Clean Your Screens as Fast As Possible:
- Use water on a lint-free cloth.
- Make circular motions on the screen.
- Don't use glass cleaner, it will destroy the antiglare coating.
Cleaning Laptops from the inside out:
Here are some quick tips on HowTo: Properly Clean & Maintain Your Laptop ~Blow-Out the Dust & Clean the Keyboard/Screen/Fanto.
- Start from the inside of the computer. It will help protect the fan and laptop overheating.
- Blow out the dust once a year.
- Label the screws when taking them out.
- He recommends using Isopropyl Alcohol (91%) and a paper towel and clean the surfaces but not the screen. NEVER the screen. It can ruin it.
- The video above recommends using 50% vinegar and 50% water with a lint-free cloth to clean the laptop screen.
How to Clean Earbuds?
Wireless and wired Earbuds get used almost every day! So, keeping them clean is important, especially if you have or get ear infections! below are tips that will help you get your earbuds clean without damaging them.
- Use a lint-free cloth. Wet the cloth with rubbing alcohol. Then wipe clean.
- For the mesh area, use a cottom swab moistened with rubbing alcohol. Clean the mesh area.
- If there is a little wax in the mesh area. Using a sewing neddle and try to pick up the wax. Then, use the rubbing alcohol cotton swab and wipe the area clean.
My tips for cleaning the inside of the laptop:
- You can by compressed air containers from your nearby office supply store to quickly clean out the dust in the laptop. Do this especially if you have a desktop computer.
- Use a plastic clear storage bag to hold the screens. They can easily roll off the table.
Note a conflict between the videos:
The second video and the third video talk about coffee filters on devices. The second video says you can use them on laptop screens but the third video doesn't recommend it. I would say be more cautious and NOT use the coffee filter idea just in case.
Well, there you have it. All the how-to video information you need to clean your home electronics. Let's continue the conversation. Do you have a tip you want to share to clean your electronics? Please leave a comment below.
Visit some new posts below to help you get your electronics clean.
Please note these are affiliate links through Amazon, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn affiliate fees if you decide to make a purchase.
- Yummy Curry Chicken Salad Recipe (120,215)
- Places To Donate Jewelry You Do Not Want (77,152)
- 18 Positive Mantra Sayings to Keep You on the… (44,675)
- This Year's Recycling Locations and Shredder Events (41,409)
- 13 Ways to Make Your Bedroom An Oasis (40,263)
- Incredibly Easy Tips for Organizing An Older Adult's Home (36,478)