Sheet pan recipes are a great way to cook for weeknight meals. Roasting the veggies with the meats reduce clean-up time after the meal. It is something you can do when you need to do something else in the home. I found it is handy because I can prep all the veggies earlier in the day and place them in baggies, then at the last minute, I can put them on the lined pan for baking.
Clustering the veggies together helps them cook longer and reduce burning. If you get concern with the meat being undercooked, you can cut them into smaller pieces to make for quicker cook time. Feel free to try this recipe and let us know what you think.
KETO Sausage Peppers Onions and String Beans Sheet Pan Recipe Ingredients:
1 LB Mild Italian Sausage
1 bag of String beans (tips trimmed off)|
2 red peppers thin slices
1 yellow onion sliced and cut in half
1 TBSP Granulated Garlic
1 TBSP dried parsley
2 TBSP Garlic Olive Oil - high-temperature preferred
1 TBSP Oregano
Salt and Pepper
1 cookie sheet
KETO Sausage Peppers Onions and String Beans Sheet Pan Recipe Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the peppers into strips, onions into half moon strings, and snip the ends of the string beans. Toss with ½ of the olive oil, ½ of the oregano, ½ of the garlic, ½ of the parsley, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cut the sausages into 3-4 inch links if it is not cut already. Toss in the remaining, olive oil, oregano, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper. Add extra olive oil if needed.
- Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the string beans in a row. The peppers in a row and the onions in a row.
- Nestle the seasoned sausage between each row.
- Place in oven for 20-25 minutes. Turn over the veggies and meat 10 minutes into the cooking time.
- Pull out and let sit for a few minutes. Serve and enjoy.
Below is the finished cookie sheet recipe. See how the veggies are not overcooked. I was concerned with the string beans, but they didn't burn. I did find that because of the higher temperature, there was a little smoke in the oven. So, make sure you have high-temperature oil to minimize this reaction.
Below is the recipe for your use.
Visit our other keto recipes on this blog by clicking here.
What do you think? We were also able to reuse the leftover veggies with our eggs the next morning too. Yummy!
Here are some additional Keto Sheet Pan dinner recipes you can try from other experts: