Wikipedia says that "Chicken parmigiana is a dish that consists of breaded chicken breast covered in tomato sauce and mozzarella, parmesan, or provolone cheese." I remember the first time my mom made it for us as a kid. It was one of my favorite cool-weather dishes. However, when I was an adult, I had to stay away from bread, so this dish wasn't on my top go-to recipes to make for dinner.
A friend of mine mentioned that I could use pork rinds as a replacement for breadcrumbs. So, of course, I had to try this as soon as possible. So, this recipe is the result of the sentimental reminder of a childhood favorite. I hope you try this Keto Chicken Parmesan recipe and come back and leave a comment.
Keto Chicken Parmesan Recipe Ingredients:
1 - 2 bags of Salt / Pepper Pork Rinds
2 eggs scrambled
4 chicken breast
7-8 slices of fresh mozzarella
1 tablespoon Parsley
½ teaspoon granulated garlic
1 teaspoon Basil
2 tablespoon Avocado Oil or Coconut Oil
Fresh or bottled tomato sauce (1-2 cups)
Keto Chicken Parmesan Recipe Instructions:
- Using a food processor, and pulse the pork rinds until bread-like consistency. Add to a bowl, stir parsley, granulated garlic, basil, then set aside.
- Scramble the eggs and season with Salt and pepper if you want.
- Bread each chicken breast by first adding it to the egg mixture (coat on both sides). Then, place each chicken breast into the pork rinds. Coating on both sides. Set aside.
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- Add the Avocado or Coconut oil to a non-stick skillet. Heat the oil.
- Place each piece of coated chicken in the skillet and cook for 10 minutes on each side.
- Add tomato sauce to a baking dish (big enough that will hold all four pieces of chicken).
- Place the cooked chicken breasts into the tomato sauce.
- Add two pieces of mozzarella slices to each chicken breast.
- If you want, add a little dried parsley to the top of the chicken breast.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the mozzarella is melted over the chicken breasts.
- Let sit for 10 minutes to cool a bit.
Below feel free to print this recipe out.
Here are some photos of the finished dish. It looks super yummy! Do you agree? I am definitely going to make this recipe again soon. How about you?
Feel free to visit our other Keto recipes.