As you may know, beef brisket is a tough cut of meat and usually needs many hours to cook to get super tender. But, did you know you could easily tenderize the brisket by using an Instant Pot? Well, I wanted to test this theory while making it Keto style. This Keto Style Instant Pot Brisket recipe doesn’t use barbeque sauce nor does it use brown sugar. It’s a savory recipe that will explode spices in your mouth while enjoying it.
Simple ingredients for the Keto Style Instant Pot Brisket Recipe:
3.5 to 4 pounds beef brisket. Trim of some of the fat if you want.
2 TBSP Coconut oil + 2 TBSP Coconut oil for the instant pot
2-4 cups of low sodium beef broth
2 TBSP smoked paprika
1 TBSP chili powder
3 TBSP crushed garlic
1 tsp granulated garlic powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp dried mustard powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
Easy Instructions for the Keto Style Instant Pot Brisket Recipe:
1. Gather all the above ingredients and make a rub. Slather it all over the brisket.
2. Turn on the Instant Pot to saute. Add 2 TBSP of coconut oil. When hot, add the brisket. Cook for 5 minutes on each side of the meat to brown it.
3. Add beef broth to Instant Pot. Turn the meat over to make sure it covers completely.
4. Put on the lid. Turn off the Instant Pot and change the settings to Meat/Stew. Set the timer to 1 1/2 hours. Once the pressure is pressurized, it will be 1.5 hours from that point.
5. When the cooking is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally. It takes about 15 minutes. Then turn the lid to open.
6. Use a fork and shred some of the meat. If there is too much excess fat that you don’t want, remove with a fork.
7. Serve warm. Add toppings if you want. I used Sour cream, shredded Mexican cheese blend, and fresh avocado.
So, what do you think? Would you make this? From my experience, the meat was so tender and easily separated into shredded pieces.
Below is a printable recipe for you.
Visit our other Keto style recipes.