Here's another, not your average grilling dish. It's dessert! Apple cranberry walnut grilled in parchment paper, yum! It's so quick and easy to make. I just had to share with you all.
2 Large Apple Crisp Apples
1/2 cup Cranberries
1/4 cup Maple Syrup
2 tsp Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 cup Walnut (chopped and candied or just chopped)
2 Tbsp NonDairy Spread or regular Butter
- Preheat grill to about 350 degrees.
- Cut around the core and then cut into thin slices.
- In a bowl, add apple slices, cranberries, maple syrup, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- With your clean hands, toss the ingredients in the bowl until it is complete coated.
- Wash your hands, then cut 4 - 15x15 sheets of parchment paper and add a quarter of the mixture to each parchment center.
- Bring two ends together and fold the ends down on itself. Then grab those ends and twist to make a tight seal. This will help keep the delicious juices in.
- Add to grill and cook on direct heat for 10 minutes.
- Pull off the grill and let sit a few minutes. Watch it will be hot!
- Each out of the parchment paper or add to a bowl of ice cream. Either way, it's yummy!
Here's the finished dessert:
Here's the printable recipe:
Would this be something you would try? What would you substitute instead of the walnuts and cranberries? Please share below.
Please note these are affiliate links through Amazon, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn affiliate fees if you decide to make a purchase.