****Visit our "Disclosure Policy and Cookies" for details. Affiliate links appear on this page from Google Adsense, Amazon, Order Out of Chaos, Impact affiliate members, Release, Repurpose, Reorganize, and Shareasale affiliate members.****
I love making gazpacho during the summer. This time, I used cherry tomatoes to make them. Follow along and see how I made my homemade gazpacho recipe with Cherry tomatoes. I hope you enjoy it as well.
Gazpacho is a cold soup that is popular in Spain and Portugal. If you want to learn more about the history of the soup, check out this page.
Ingredients for Homemade Gazpacho
Below is the list of ingredients that will help you make this cold gazpacho recipe.
- One English cucumber chopped
- 1.5 lb of cherry tomatoes
- 1.25 cups of tomato juice
- ½ red onion sliced
- One small bushel of parsley
- One red bell pepper
- 1 whole lime juiced
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 4 small cloves of garlic or two large cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of Himalayan salt
- ½ a teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- ½ Jalapeño seeded
Homemade Gazpacho Recipe Instructions
Below are the easy steps to make this gazpacho recipe. Follow along and see.
Measure out all the ingredients. Set them aside.
Pull out the blender. Start with tomatoes and cucumbers.
Add the onion and parsley, and add all the liquids. Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender. Blend well until fully mixed.
Transfer to a serving bowl. And refrigerate for three hours.
Pull out of the refrigerator. And garnish with some parsley leaves.
Serve and enjoy.
Here is the finished dish in a small bowl. It was super yummy and refreshing on a warm summer's day. I particularly liked it because it wasn't too spicy.
Variations of this recipe
Some people like to replace ingredients in this recipe. Below are some options.
- Make it spicy - add a whole jalapeño to the recipe. Remove the seeds.
- Plum tomatoes - You can replace cherry tomatoes with plum tomatoes instead.
- Kid-friendly - add some chunky tomatoes or cucumbers to the soup after pureeing.
- More Red soup - peel the cucumber before adding it to the blender.
- More garlic - add an extra head or two of garlic.
Equipment to make this Gazpacho Recipe
The key to a great gazpacho is a great blender that can make the soup smooth enough to enjoy like a drink. The blender must pulverize the fresh ingredients easily. Below are blenders I found on Amazon (affiliate). My blender is the Breville BBL920BSS Super Q Countertop.
Storage for Gazpacho Recipe
You can store this gazpacho for about three days in the refrigerator. Letting it sit before eating enhances the flavors too.
None of these ingredients will freeze well.
Below is the recipe card you can use and share.
Visit our other soup recipes here.