Winter is more fun when you are able to have a yummy comforting soup like this one. On a KETO diet, it may be more difficult to have soups. So to help you and me, I am creating my own KETO Instant Pot soup recipes that are packed with lots of meat. Visit our other Instant Pot KETO soup recipe.
KETO Instant Pot Southwest Turkey Soup Ingredients:
3-4 lb turkey breast (no skin)
3 TBSP of Southwest Smoked Rub (your favorite type) I used Smokey Southwest Grill Seasoning make in Florida
3 TBSP of Avocado Oil
1 onion chopped
3 chopped celery
1 can of Mild green chilies
1 can of black olives sliced
1 – 16 oz can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
4 cup container of chicken broth or Chicken Bone Broth
1 TBSP of Jalapenos from a can (chopped) – optional
Shredded Mexican Cheese
KETO Instant Pot Southwest Turkey Soup Instructions:
- Using 1 TBSP of the avocado oil, heat a skillet large enough for your turkey breast. While heating, season the turkey breast. Then, add it to the skillet and brown it on either side, about 5-10 minutes on each side. Turn off and set aside.
- In the Instant Pot, set for saute mode. Add chopped onions, chopped celery and saute for 3 minutes. Add 1.5 tablespoons of the seasons and stir.
- Change the Instant Pot settings to Soup and Stew.
- Then add 1 can of mild green chilies, 1 can of black olives, 1 can of roasted diced tomatoes.
- Add the browned turkey breast to the Instant Pot.
- Then add 4 cups of chicken broth or Chicken Bone Broth. Stir.
- If you want to add jalapenos, Add it to the broth. Stir again.
- Affix the lid and set the timer 1.5 hours to start.
- When the Instant Pot decompresses, you can then open it and take two forks and shred the turkey.
- Top the soup with sour cream, shredded Mexican Cheese, and Fresh Avocado slices.
This makes a good amount of turkey soup so keep some for the next day. It was yummy and was terrific for a cold winter’s day. Plus, because I had leftovers, I had it for lunch the next day. Yay! What do you think? Would you make this recipe during the week? Please leave a comment below.