The one thing that has been a struggle for me on the Keto diet is not being able to find a soup that I can make that doesn't have a lot of carbs in it. So, I decided to make one of my own Instant Pot Keto Style Turkey Soup recipe.
Some important things to know about this recipe.
- Browning the turkey breast really does bring out the meat's flavor so be sure to do this part of the recipe.
- Adding the herbs and avocado oil to the turkey breast and the peppers, onions, and celery gives a balanced flavor to the different parts of the soup.
Instant Pot KETO Style Turkey Soup Recipe Ingredients:
3 tsp Avocado Oil (1 tsp, 1 tsp, 1 tsp)
3 garlic cloves minced
1 can diced tomato (canned)
1 cup onion chopped
1 cup celery chopped
1 cup yellow pepper chopped
1 can of sliced black olives
1 tsp salt
1 - 2 lb turkey breast (boneless) no skin
2 Tbsp dried parsley (1 tsp and 1 tsp)
2 tsp dried basil (1 tsp and 1 tsp)
1 tsp granulated garlic
4 cups of Chicken Broth
Instant Pot KETO Style Turkey Soup Recipe Instructions:
- Use the saute feature on the Instant Pot. Add 1 tsp of Avocado oil. Then, add the garlic for 1 minute, then add the chopped onion, chopped yellow peppers, and chopped celery. Add 1 tsp parsley, 1 tsp of basil, and a pinch of salt. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Dry the turkey breast, add 1 tsp of avocado oil with dried parsley (1 tsp) and dried basil (1 tsp). Coat the meat and set aside.
- In a cast iron skillet, add 1 tsp of avocado oil. Add the seasoned turkey breast to the skillet and brown on each side. 5-6 minutes cook time for both sides. Then add to the Instant Pot.
- Add diced tomatoes, chicken broth, sliced black olives, to the Instant Pot.
- Add the Instant Pot lid, lock in place, then change the setting to Meat / Stew. Now, wait. It should take about 1 1/2 hours.
- After the Instant Pot depressurizes, open the lid and with two forks, shred the turkey breast. Mix the shreds in the soup. And, serve warm.
Here's the recipe if you want to print this recipe.
What do you think? It looks yummy, right?
Visit other KETO recipes for your next meal.