Looking for a delicious chili recipe for your upcoming super bowl, try the chicken chili in an Instant Pot! It’s straightforward to make and can feed a crowd. I found that if you make it and store it in the fridge overnight, it’s even better. We experimented with cooking dried beans and boy was it fast, All we did was add it to the Instant Pot and then added water to cover. Pressed the “beans” button and just waited.
Yummy Chicken Chili Recipe
2-3 lb of boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 lb black beans (dried) – cooked – beforehand
2 cans of 15 oz tomato diced
4 cups of Chicken broth
1 yellow onion chopped
2 cloves of garlic minced or whole
1 tbsp of cumin
1 1/2 tbsp of chili powder
1 tsp oregano (dried)
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
Shredded cheddar cheese
Your favorite cooked cornbread
- Soak and cook beans in water/vegetable broth using the Instant Pot. This step takes 45 minutes. Super quick.
- Then, empty the Instant Pot and clean out. Add all the ingredients above and stir. I like to add frozen chicken thighs.
- Using the saute feature, bring to a boil. This step will take about 15-30 minutes.
- Then, add the lid and close the valve to create the pressure.
- Allow the pressure cooker to do its magic about 45 minutes. Release the value until the steam is finished (be careful), about 15 minutes.
- Add a bit of salt if it tastes bland. Then, serve with your favorite topping: sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, your favorite cooked cornbread
If you want to print this chicken chili recipe, here you go.
That’s it! I am enjoying the Instant Pot as you can see from my other posts recently. Feel free to visit my other recent recipe: INSTANT POT TURKEY SAUSAGE AND SPINACH SOUP RECIPE
Please note these are affiliate links through Amazon and at no additional cost to you, I will earn affiliate fees if you decide to make a purchase.