This freezer meal recipe series has been quite delicious and fun to make. Today, I am sharing an easy turkey chili freezer meal recipe that can be made on a Sunday and used later in the week. Try it out and see what you think.
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 cup chopped red bell peppers
1 cup onions (chopped)
2 pounds ground turkey
2 cans diced tomatoes
2 cans kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
1 8 oz cup of tomato sauce
2 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp granulated garlic
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp dried oregano
- Add olive oil to hot pan. Then add peppers and onions. Cook for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add the ground turkey and cook until brown over medium heat. 5 - 10 minutes or more.
- Add tomatoes, kidney beans, tomato sauce, chili powder, garlic, cumin, and oregano.
- Cover the dutch oven with a lid and cook on low heat for 25 minutes or until tomatoes reduce in size.
- Stir and let cool.
- Transfer to a freezer bag.
- Defrost in a bowl and reheat. Serve with cornbread, if desired.
Here is the recipe if you want to print it.
Here's the finished dish, what do you think? Please leave a comment below if you tried this recipe. I would love to hear from you.
Please note these are affiliate links through Amazon, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn affiliate fees if you decide to make a purchase.