If you are like me and you are experiencing lots of frigid weather this winter, you will love this recipe. The Instant Pot has become a very useful tool for us for weeknight meals. And, I am loving it. Pressure cooker soups are just so easy to make and wow the taste is out of this world. I remember my mother using a pressure cooker when I was growing up and it just downright scared me because of the wheezing sound that would happen when it would depressurize. But, with the Instant Pot, it doesn't bother me that much. One, because I am older. And, two because it's in a free-standing pot and not sitting on the stove top where it can easily fall over. If you have never tried it and want to, this recipe is an easy one to make in your new Instant Pot. Try it and taste for yourself.
Quick and Easy Instant Pot Turkey Sausage and Spinach Soup Recipe
3 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 lb of Turkey sausage cut into one-inch pieces
1 box of spinach (defrosted and drained)
1 can of diced tomatoes (15 oz)
1 can of black-eyed peas (15 oz)
8 cups chicken broth
1 tsp Parsley (dried)
1 tsp Basil (dried)
salt and pepper to taste
The tool to use with this recipe. There are various Instant Pot options. The 4 below offer different settings. Pick the one that works for you and your needs.
Please note the link above is affiliate links through Amazon and at no additional cost to you, I will receive affiliate fees if you click through and decide to make a purchase.
- Turn the Instant Pot on saute. Add olive oil 1-2 tablespoons and add garlic and then turkey sausage pieces. Move around and cook until brown.
- Then add the remaining ingredients and stir until completely combined.
- Wait till it starts to boil then change the setting on the Instant Pot to Soup.
- Secure the lid and close the venting. This will help start the pressure cooker.
- Keep cooking until completely finished. Wait for it to naturally depressurize or turn the valve on top to venting and let sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Open lid, stir and enjoy.
Here's what it looks like right after it finished. Yummy, right?
Well, that's it. Is this a recipe you think you would make in your Instant Pot? What is your favorite Instant Pot recipe? Do you have a favorite soup recipe you want to share below? Please leave it in the comments section so we can all try it. Thanks for stopping by and checking out this soup recipe.
Please note these are affiliate links through Amazon and at no additional cost to you, I will earn affiliate fees if you decide to make a purchase.