****Visit our "Disclosure Policy and Cookies" for details. Affiliate links appear on this page from Google Adsense, Amazon, Order Out of Chaos, Impact affiliate members, Release, Repurpose, Reorganize, and Shareasale affiliate members.****
This time of year, I love to make soups. Soups are great for anyone who wants a complete meal and wants to save time during the week. This recipe uses a 5-7 quart Dutch oven , which makes it a one-pan recipe. Another thing I love about this Tuscan Bean soup recipe is that it is super easy and quick to make. It is a vegan dish, so it is a light meal. It is also a gluten-free soup as well.
Tuscan Bean Soup Ingredients
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- One tablespoon of chopped fresh rosemary
- One tablespoon of oregano dried
- One tablespoon of thyme dried
- ⅛ teaspoon of pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of garlic (optional)
- 4 cups baby spinach, kale, and Swiss chard leafy greens mix
- Two cans 15 oz canned white cannelloni beans
- 8 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 cups of chopped carrots
- ½ cup of chopped celery
- One large onion chopped
Tuscan Bean Soup Instructions
Gather all the ingredients and keep them together. This recipe will go fast. Check out the step-by-step photos below.
Cut the carrots into small pieces. I used baby carrots, so I chopped them into small-sized pieces. I chopped the celery and set that aside as well.
Then, I chopped the onion into bite-size pieces. I rinsed the white beans and measured out the broth.
Also, I clean the baby spinach, kale, and Swiss chard greens. Now that all the ingredients are measured out and rinsed, I am able to start the dish.
Now, heat a large 5 quart or larger saucepan. Add two tablespoons of olive oil and red pepper flakes. Let it heat up for a few minutes. Then, add onions, carrots, and celery. Cook for 5 minutes.
Then, add the cannellini beans to the saucepan.
The next things to add are the oregano, rosemary, thyme, salt, and black pepper, and mix in the saucepan. Add 1 teaspoon of garlic if you want. Cook for 5 minutes.
Add the broth. Bring to a boil and cook on low for 10 minutes.
Then, add the greens to the top of the broth and cook for 5 minutes or until wilted. Stir them into the soup, turn off the burner, and enjoy.
Tuscan Bean Soup Recipe Reveal
And here is what the dish looked like after I finished cooking it. It is a great comfort food option that is a complete meal for any family.
Tuscan Bean Soup Variations
There are a ton of these you can add to this easy tucan bean soup to make it even more delicious. Below are some I suggest.
- Chicken - you can add cooked chicken breast cut into bite-size pieces. Add about ¾ pound of cooked chicken breast after the beans are added.
- Garlic bread - you can make a side of garlic bread from scratch or buy it and bake it for dinner.
- Dried beans - if you do decide to use dried beans, you should cook them first and then add them like you would the canned beans to the soup above.
- Sun-dried tomatoes - chop up the sun-dried tomatoes and add them to the soup after the celery, onion, and carrots.
- Chickpeas - you can substitute the white cannellini beans with chickpeas if you want.
There are only a few things you need to make this Tuscan Bean Soup recipe. Since this is only a one-pan dish, you only need one thing: a 5 to 7-quart Dutch Oven . Lucky for you, I found them on Amazon (affiliate).
You can store the cooked ingredients in the refrigerator for at least 3 days.