Weeknight meals do not always have to be a long process. Cooking all natural food within 30 minutes was the way my mother would prepare our meals growing up and it is where I learned many of my short cuts so I too, could make healthy meals quickly. Over the years, I tried freezer meals, make-ahead meals, and many other ways to get a healthy meal in a short amount of time during the week. My new favorite is roasting veggies and meat in a sheet pan. This one is a super easy one to make and combines some of my favorite Italian ingredients. It's also a KETO recipe and is ready to eat in 30 minutes. It's a KETO Italian Sausage Broccoli and Radicchio Sheet Pan Recipe.
KETO Italian Sausage Broccoli and Radicchio Sheet Pan Recipe Ingredients:
1 lb Italian sausage with no sugar (cut into 3-inch pieces)
1 lb cut broccoli (cleaned)
2 small radicchio cut into quarters (Soak in water for 20 minutes before cutting)
3 TBSP Italian Seasoning mix (sugar-free)
3 TBSP of Avocado High heat oil
Salt and pepper to taste
KETO Italian Sausage Broccoli and Radicchio Sheet Pan Recipe Instructions:
- Preheat the oven 400 degrees. Then, cut the sausage into 3-4 inch pieces, add to a bowl and toss with 1 TBSP of Avocado oil and 1 TBSP of Italian Seasoning.
- Toss the cleaned and cut broccoli florets in a bowl with 1 TBSP of Avocado oil and 1 TBSP of Italian Seasoning. Set aside.
- After soaking the Radicchio, dry it off and cut into quarters. Place in a bowl and toss with 1 TBSP of Avocado oil and 1 TBSP of Italian Seasoning.
- Cover the large sheet pan with parchment paper. Add the sausage in between the broccoli and the radicchio. The fat of the sausage will help flavor the broccoli and radicchio.
- Season with Salt and pepper to taste. If it looks too dry, add more avocado oil to the top.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes. Turn all the veggies and meat over halfway through so the top gets brown.
- Let sit for 10 minutes and serve.
Doesn't it look yummy? Soaking the radicchio is essential. If you don't do it, it will probably be bitter. So, it is important to do this step.
Here is what it looked like coming out of the oven. Make sure the broccoli is in large pieces.