When I was a kid, my mom made a fantastic tomato soup recipe that was so quick I was always shocked at how fast it would take for a weeknight meal. I modified this recipe from a Pomi strained tomato soup recipe from the 80s. Yes, I am dating myself here, but I don't care. I wanted to share it with you so you can share it with your family and friends. I hope you think it is as easy to make as I do.
Simple Ingredients for this Keto Style Easy Tomato Soup Recipe:
2 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon Olive oil
½ cup of yellow onion
3 garlic cloves minced
1 container Strained Tomato container (Pomi US Strained Tomato)
Using the same container fill it with water to water down the Pomi.
1 tablespoon dried Basil
¼-1/2 cup heavy cream or heavy whipping cream
Easy Instructions for this Keto Style Tomato Soup Recipe:
1. In a 4-quart saucepan, add butter. Let melt and add onions.
2. cook onions or 3 minutes or until translucent. Then, Add minced garlic cloves. Cook for 1 - 2 minutes more.
3. Add strained tomatoes. Fill the container with water (before the fold at the top) and pour into the saucepan.
4. Stir and add basil.
5. Bring to a boil and lower the temperature to middle low and simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Turn off heat and add ¼-1/2 cup of heavy cream and stir. It should be a light red color.
7. Serve with your favorite toasted KETO bread or as a side of your main meat dish. (I made cheesesteaks with no bread YUM!)
So, what do you think? Would you make this tonight?
Here's the recipe if you want it.