To continue the freezer meal dishes, I wanted to share with you this easy Mexican Chicken Chili Casserole. It is so easy to put together, you will be amazed. I hope you enjoy it.
1 cup low fat sour cream
½ cup ricotta cheese (low fat)
3 cups of cooked chicken breast, chopped
2 cups cooked whole grain rice
1.5 cups of shredded Mexican cheese
4 oz diced green chilies (mild) in can
15 oz chopped tomatoes in can
15 oz black beans in can (drained)
1 tsp granulated garlic
2 Tbsp Mexican Seasoning
1 cup crushed tortilla chips for serving
- Combine sour cream ricotta, and cream cheese together in a large bowl. Then add the rest of the ingredients except for the tortilla chips. Mix well.
- Pour half of the mixture into a 9x9 glass pan and the other half in another 9x9 or similar size glass dish. You can also use a 9x13 casserole dish if you are feeding more than 4 people. Add foil to the top and label with date prepared. Then freeze.
- On the day of cooking, thaw one or both dishes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Take foil off and cook for 30-45 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
- Top with tortilla chips and serve warm.
Note: This recipe makes two meals for a family of 4. If you have a larger family, feel free to use a 9x13 dish.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. The whole famiy loved it. If you wish to print this recipe out, here's the recipe:
Please note these are affiliate links through Amazon, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn affiliate fees if you decide to make a purchase.