I know it’s only October, but this is the time to think about what you want to give this holiday season. Whether you need to bring a hostess gift for Thanksgiving or looking to get your Christmas presents purchased early, here are some wonderful gift for the holidays. Some of these require planning and others are quick last minute gift ideas.
6 Amazing Ideas for Clutter-Free Gift Ideas
Create a gift that recipients can eat. (require planning) I have several nieces and nephews and over the years, created several theme gifts for them. Here are some of the theme gift ideas I did.
- Cooking tools: Purchase herb mixes, tools, and make a small basket.
- Homemade rub mixes: Get the ingredients for your favorite made from scratch rub mixes and include a gift card from a grocery store or butcher.
- Mason jar cooking gifts: Mason jar cookie mixes can be made or you can by them already made. I like to make them myself to customize it to each person.
- Homemade pasta: We have made pasta from scratch and gave it out as favors with tomato sauce.
- Homemade cakes: We made small panettone cake recipe (an Italian fruit cake) and gave them as gifts. I added a link from a Food Network recipe.
- Wine and Beer: Customized for each person or make your own wine and beer and give it as a gift.
Give gift of the month clubs memberships. (last minute gift idea) This is fun for anyone who wants to give a gift all year around. I wrote a post solely about this, click on this link.
Give Donations to Nonprofits. (last minute gift idea) This is great for people who don’t like gifts and don’t want them. It shows you care but they don’t need to receive anything but a piece of paper that says what you have done. Here are some great places to donate do this: Heifer International: dedicated to fighting world hunger and Habitat for Humanity: dedicated to helping the homeless.
Give Experience gifts. (last minute gift idea and require planning) These are gifts that the recipients can go and do something instead of adding clutter to their home. Here are some suggestions for this type of gift:
- Movie tickets
- Restaurant tickets
- A Hotel stay
- A Moms night out
- A Girls night out
- A Boys night out
I hope this gives you some ideas on what you want to give for the holidays. Now you need to organize your holiday gifts, here is a post I wrote about just that. It includes a free checklist to help you manage your gifts.
Now it’s your turn. What do you like to give that doesn’t create clutter in the recipient’s home? Please leave a thoughts below.
Please note the link above is affiliate links through Amazon and at no additional cost to you, I will receive affiliate fees if you click through and decide to make a purchase.