There's something about weeknight comfort meals for the entire family. Don't you agree? It warms our heart and fills our belly. I really enjoy making them for my family. This week's recipe is amazingly easy to make and quick too for busy nights. Let me show you how to make it.
Quick Chicken Pasta Dinner Recipe
2 tbsp olive oil
2 skinless boneless chicken breasts chopped into 1-inch cubes
2 tbsp fresh parsley minced
2 tbsp fresh basil minced
1 red pepper chopped into small pieces
2 garlic cloves minced
1 cup Cannellini beans from a can rinsed
1 cup of tomato sauce
1/2 cup of boil water from the cooked pasta
1 lb of cooked Gluten Free or reg. rigatoni pasta
1. Cook pasta according to packaging.
2. Cut up the chicken and finely chop the parsley and basil. Take 1 tablespoon of each and mix with the chicken and add salt and pepper to taste. (optional)
3. While cooking pasta, start with 2 tbsp of olive oil and add garlic. Saute for a few minutes.
4. Add the chicken until brown on all sides. (turn over as needed).
5. Add peppers (chopped) to the skillet and saute for 4 minutes.
6. Add Cannellini beans and cook for a few minutes.
7. Add tomato sauce, 1/2 cup of water from pasta, and rest for the basil and parsley. Mix well.
8. Cook for 5 more minutes.
9. When pasta is done, drain and toss in with the sauce mixture. Stir to cover.
10. Add parmesan cheese if desired. Enjoy.
This recipe is fun to make and can be used created with any combination of ingredients. If you have a little bit of stuff and a little bit of sauce leftover, you can easily through these items together to make a sauce for your next pasta meal. Stick with Italian ingredients and you won't go wrong.
Here's the delicious meal. What do you think? Would you make this for your family? Please leave a comment below. I would love to hear from you.
Please note these are affiliate links through Amazon and at no additional cost to you, I will earn affiliate fees if you decide to make a purchase.
Looking for additional pasta recipes? Visit our other recipes below for a quick and yummy weeknight meal.