****Visit our "Disclosure Policy and Cookies" for details. Affiliate links appear on this page from Google Adsense, Amazon, Order Out of Chaos, Impact affiliate members, Release, Repurpose, Reorganize, and Shareasale affiliate members.****
Many recipes can make more than one dish. This soup recipe uses the same ingredients as our Quick and Easy Potato Soup Recipe. If you are entertaining this weekend, try this recipe.
Ingredients for Quick Potato Skins Recipe:
4 large baked potatoes (Russet)
3 tablespoon green onions (scallions) sliced
5 slices bacon (cooked and crumbled)
½ cup of Shredded cheese
Instructions for Quick Potato Skins Recipes:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Clean the potatoes. Pierce the potatoes with a fork. Then, roll them in some salt 1 teaspoon of salt. Not all of it will stick.
- Place them on a microwaveable plate in the microwave for 20 minutes for all 4 potatoes. Check for doneness by poking it with a knife. If the knife goes through, you are done. If they don't, add another 5 minutes until done.
- Then let them cool, and cut them open a long way. Scoop out the center and put it in a bowl, and set aside.
- Place skins on a cookie sheet or a pizza stone. Add a hand full of shredded cheese and bacon add to the top of the potato skins. And bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Top with scallions and serve.
Other toppings for potato skin appetizer recipe.
There are other unique options to add to the top of these potato skins. Check out these options and try them when you make this recipe.
- Greek Yogurt - plain Greek yogurt is a nice alternative to plain sour cream.
- Cooked Pulled Pork - If you have some leftover pulled pork, you can add a little to the top of the potatoes for some extra protein.
- Thin beef steak - Thin steak like the one you would use for a Philly Cheesesteak would be a great protein option.
- Chili - Cooked chili works nicely on top too.
- Fresh avocado - Slice up some avocado and add to the top for a delicious and refreshing dish.
I hope this list gives you some suggestions for some additional toppings.
Here is the final potato skins dish. The kids loved it. I hope you enjoy it too. I loved the fact that I could make other recipes with the same ingredients, like this quick potato pancake recipe.
Visit our other delicious appetizer recipes!
Here is the recipe printable:
Please note these are affiliate links through Amazon, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn affiliate fees if you decide to make a purchase.